Not an Oprah fan?

by looking_glass 12 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

Her "concern" for others seems fake. I imagine when you reach her status and wealth, it tends to make you think a lot of yourself. She certainly does not shy away from publicity when it comes to her charitable deeds.

I live so far away from the kind of life that she lives, that I am sure I have no clue what is like, though. I rarely watch her show, as it mostly does not interest me.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    She likes to use herself as an example of what a "black woman can do". But she caters to white middle class women. Do you think that people who are poorer class blacks in the US are watching her and affording what she sells.
    Someone else shared those same thoughts with me yesterday. I look at it as a regular person vs "celebrity" or rich person. My broke ass can't relate.
    While I still occasionally visit the church of Oprah, I'm becoming increasingly bored with her new age rhetoric.
    As of tomorrow, I will be Tivo'ing Ellen from now on.
  • avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Nope, never was a big fan of her, she always reminded me as a bit arrogant, her topics do nothing for me, but I am not her judge, I just do not tune her in.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit