Jesus film Slammed

by TopHat 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

Back then the names Mary, Joseph, Jesus, Judas were extremely common so it may well be a coincidence that they match with the family of the Biblical Jesus. In addition they jumped to the conclusion that Mary the wife of Jesus in the tomb is Mary Magdalene. There is no reason to believe that this is case. It's all sensationalism.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

How do you know when Christmas and Easter are near?

When the various networks, and news magazines begin airng or publishing their respective hit pieces on Christianity.

Something I was reading on the e-edition of my hometown newspaper. A local gallery is set to exhibit "art" of a rather questionable, and very mocking nature regarding Jesus. I don't understand why a director would set this sort of exhibit up, in a town that is about 95% Roman Catholic, and not expect threats of violence? Let me be clear! I AM NOT CONDONING THE THREATS! However, based on the community sensibilities the reaction is understandable, but not justifiable.

• stark
    stark

Let's look at the credibility of these critics ... hmm, are they the same ones who believe the world is less then 10,000 years old and made in 6 days? Hmm, interesting that most of the ones mentioned in the article are "clergymen". Go figure.

Kwin

On the other hand look at the credibility of the supporters, not one of them are born again believers in Jesus Christ and his bodily resurrection.

So where does that get us?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Whatever moves people to think outside the box and question their beliefs is all good. Doesn't mean you have to change - it only means that critical thinking is a good thing. It's up to people to wade through the waters to find that which they will choose to follow. I can't wait to see the documentary. I may or may not believe what it offers up, but until I see it I'm not willing to yell hoax or scam. Some people choose to believe that a virgin gave birth to a human. Some choose to believe that a human disintegrated into space within 3 days of his death then came back to earth. Some choose to believe that a snake could talk. If someone chooses to believe that the possibility exists that all of those were just fables, then is choosing to disagree really any different? sammieswife.

• needproof
    needproof

mmmm... the tomb of the Greatest of them all has been found by..... a Hollywood producer

What a stroke of luck..

• TopHat
    TopHat

I am sorry sammie, BUT if you think about the miracle of your own life, then what is preventing you from excepting the miracle of Jesus birth to a virgin or his resurrection to heaven after his death on earth. God our Father has the ultimate control of life.

I can understand how you are confused. Don't we all ask the same questions as you and we can not come up with a viable answer.

• needproof
    needproof

Tophat,

show Sammie the evidence that Jesus existed

• Satanus
    Satanus
    the miracle of your own life

I don't have a problem w it. In fact, i think that i understand how it came about, all those yrs ago. How does a person get from that to some mythical event of 2000 yrs ago?

S

• TopHat
    TopHat

NP,

I have no physical evidence of Jesus...only written evidence that I am sure sammie has already seen.

AND then of course there is reverberations from his birth to his ascesion into heaven coming down through written testament by eye wittnesses.

If he CHOSES not to believe EYE witness testament, then I can not help sammie or anyone esle to believe. I am not God and I have never myself performed a miracle. BUT I do see miracles of life all around me. It testifies loud and clear...for me....There IS someone greater.

• needproof
    needproof

Hi Tophat,

I honestly respect your faith in Jesus and in God, but to recommend a theology to somebody, a theology that you cannot prove true... is that right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit