New Forum Layout

by Awake at last 13 Replies latest forum announcements

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I suffer from depression and have also been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, so it is not surprising that about 20 minutes ago I was feeling very depressed about the new look of my favourite ex JW forum, that is, this one.  I have been living under a rock obviously because I had no idea any change was about to happen.

Now I am beginning to understand how it works, everything is OK or soon will be.  I like the LIKE button and have already used it once.

Now you understand why I left the Borg.  Could not handle all the changes!  I won't be leaving here though.  Some changes are worth getting used to.  I'm sure they will be an improvement.  Thank you Simon for this website.

• cofty
    cofty
    everything is OK or soon will be

I'm still getting used to it and working out how to find all the familiar things. I think it's going to be great.

I just discovered that "Quote" is now under the paragraph style button with the magic wand icon.

• happy@last
    happy@last
    Changes can be hard, improvements are good though. With the Borg however the changes only bring more misery and more fear. 
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I was also a little downhearted when I heard of the change, but I think we will all get the hang of if. Simon is an amazing person for making this site available. I will forever be grateful
  • Simon
    Simon

Glad you're getting used to it. I found it weird going back to the old site while I was working on this one so hopefully this will become the new normal for you fairly soon.

I will look at making the quote option into it's own button as it is fairly well used. Maybe some auto-quote when copying / pasting would be cool - hmmn, it could even add a little avatar and "so-and-so said:" to the box ...

• poppers
    poppers

Still feeling my way around, but I did manage to change my gravitar - that's me on the left in 1972, with my brother on the right.  I called this picture "Butch & Sundance" (I'm Sundance).

I haven't figured out how to create a new thread yet, not that I do that very much anyway, so for now I'll just comment on other people's threads. (Edit:  OK, I see how to do that now.)

Edited to ask: is there a time limit on editing a post?

• Simon
    Simon
    There should still be the same 30 minute timeout for post edits
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos
    Yes, having a dedicated quote-style button in the toolbar would be nice.
  • ivanatahan
    ivanatahan

I agree on the quote button.

I was also used to seeing the post number and join date under the gravatar of members when they post. It was nice seeing how long someone's been on this site.

Otherwise, this improvement is great! 

Thanks, Sam!

• Simon
    Simon
    If you hover over the posters avatar you get their join date and post counts appear as a popup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit