New Forum Layout

by Awake at last 13 Replies latest forum announcements

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    If you hover over the posters avatar you get their join date and post counts appear as a popup

I can't see a join date. Just a vague 'so many years/days ago.' It would be nice to have the specific dates back - on the posts too one day.

And thanks for the 'quote' button.

• whathappened
    whathappened
    Thank you for pointing out the LIKE button.  That is what I was wishing for.  We need a tutorial on how to find things.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I can't see a join date. Just a vague 'so many years/days ago.' It would be nice to have the specific dates back - on the posts too one day.

Really? The fact that someone joined on April twenty fifth and not April twenty third is relevant how? The time-ago gives you all you really need to know - was it minutes or hours ago or days, months, years? 

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    Really? The fact that someone joined on April twenty fifth and not April twenty third is relevant how? 

Even a month would help. How is a specific date relevant, you ask. 

• Our journeys and posting histories are marked by the passage of time; by specific events in Watchtowerland and in our lives - a bit like having a date stamp on your photos, or by marking birthdays and anniversaries on a particular day. It's nice to note the day rather than the approximate month or year.
    • Specific dates provide context to what was said and why it was said; sometimes even to what prompted someone to join; whether the person joined and then left it a few weeks before plucking up the courage to post. All valuable little insights into what makes somebody tick.
    • Dates indicate how lively and intense a debate was. 
    • Our memories fade. Dates help in locating past posts and threads among the thousands on here. E.g. If there's a thread or post I'm looking for from '10 years ago' and there are so many hundreds of threads and thousands of posts from '10 years ago,' I could locate it faster if it was narrowed down to month or day, or if I knew it was from around the time of a convention, an AGM, a noteworthy news event, or a crazy WT article being published.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit