Do you believe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and had a son?

by winnie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Maybe he wasn't married to her and had a son by her.

Ken P.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Didn't Dan Brown try to convince us that Mary Magdalene is buried in France? So, how does she end up buried in Jerusalem?

Oh, and all the efforts that have been put forth by scholars to prove that Jesus never even existed are now debunked? Well, let's see what they will have to say about that.

• greendawn
    greendawn

We don't have to believe what Cameron claims, they found a grave with names that match those of Jesus's family but let's not forget those names were very common back in that time.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Cameron claims

Just another jerk tying to make money and dupe the naive

• skyking
    skyking

This is normal people shooting down information before they even look at the it. Noramal for the faithful, blind and just stupid

I reserve commit untill after I see the show and read his book. Then I will make my judgement.

• Brother Apostate
  • Terry
    Terry

I just can't seem to find anything historical in the person of Jesus. He is not unlike Odysseus, Atlantis, Robin Hood or King Arthur.

The details are a big zero.

The rather hysterical accounts contained in the bible are about as reliable as UFO sightings and tales of being probed by aliens. A whole lot of people give vivid accounts but fall short of any tangible proof whatsoever.

We've heard about this character from the time we took breakfast from under our mom's nursing bra. We never had a moment in our life when it wasn't regarded as a GIVEN he exists. But, did he? Really?

Maybe somebody or other had some kind of brief charismatic career among the common people stirring up a rucus. But, so did the wandering "holy" man Rasputin who brought down an empire.

I don't think there is a way of knowing anything factual at all.

• iamfreenow
  • lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

No, since the bible teaches sin is inherited through the father's line, Jesus' children would have been perfect, and would not have died from sickness or old age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit