Why the WT Society will never sponsor a charity

by moshe 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

The WT Society has convinced JW's that they are the one true religion and everyone who is not a JW will be destroyed at Armageddon. In the mind of a JW any poor or homeless person who does not become a JW will be killed at Armageddon anyway- So, why waste their money on a soup kitchen when everyone in it is just going to be killed at Armageddon anyway?

Now, if the WT Society should ever sponsor a charity for the poor they would be saying in essence to JW's, that the end is not around the corner and maybe JW's are not the only ones who God might look favorably upon. JW's might begin to see charitable work as having more value than door-to- door work , too. It is the start of a slippery slope that the WT Society does not want to venture onto at any cost. I am sure there are more reasons, too.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I am sure there are more reasons, too.

Yeah, pharisees have tons of gnat-like reasons to avoid any camel-like work.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a smart excuse for not doing their dues when it comes to charitable work they are quite smart at finding this sort of excuses. The real reason why they won't do it is because they are a business that aims at making profits and the last thing they want to do is to reduce these by making donations. Let's not forget that they don't help even their own members that proved to be very loyal over many years, when they are in need. And since 1995 the end is not necessarily near.

• 5go
    5go

Wouldn't charity mean spending money on people who might not bye read their crap publications or donate to their WWW. I mean those dollars got to come from somewhere, and it isn't giong to be out of their huge bank accounts pockets.

• moshe
    moshe

For a long time I have wondered , if the JW lifestyle especially appeals to individuals who are basically cheap. I remember one sister saying how her unbelieving husband started studying with the witnesses as soon as he found out he would never have to spend another penny on Xmas, birthdays, Valentines day's, etc. presents. They could stop United Way contributions, Birthday gifts at work, Public TV donations, Firefighters, Cripple Childrens hospital, the works.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Yep - I remarked to a JW that as the KH is only used a few hours per week, it could open up one day to help the poor and needy - apparently this isn't done out of RESPECT for the surrounding comminity (LOL - do they make up excuses on the spot, or are they pre told what to say if asked?)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi Midwich long time no see. The JWs are like pregrogrammed machines they are inspired by the mentality of their organisation and the idea of charity is simply alien to its mind, it goes too much against its grain. Very revealing about their real nature.

In reality if the dubs were charitable that would have been a much more effective witnessing than going door to door. The really bad thing is that they are not charitable even to their own long time loyal members.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Some time last year I saw a statement of the Australia Branch of WTS financial statement ,and only a tiny amount was for anything related to charity.

This makes me wonder if governments changed laws to make religious movements have a decent set percentage of their income that must be mandatory to be used for community charitable works say , to qualify for all the tax benefits etc and recognition of permitted existance, then I wonder what the hypocritical WTS would do then ? Charity if it's only expediant to the organisation? mmmmm......

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

In my home town of Bangor Maine EVERY church EXCEPT Jehovah's Witnesses have abundant charities. My mate belongs to the UU church and 45% of her membership fee goes to programs for the poor. The local Salvation army has a gourmet soup kitchen that feeds many.These aren't 'rice Christians' these are people who are destitute some helpless from severe mental illness. If i beamed down from outer space butt naked and asked for help every church in my town would be there in a heartbeat to help me. If i knocked on the Bangor Kingdom hall and did the same they would call the 911 emergency services,the police would then direct me to these church charities.The point is,the watchtower uses resources,pays no taxes same as the other churches but gives nothing back to the community.They hoard billions in a vast real estate empire. James 1:27 " Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress " (note:James didn't say anything about going door to door with the magazines,and directing followers to trust in an "invisible" government put up in 1914)

• DannyHaszard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit