At long last - Six Screens of the Watchtower website now Open!

by Incognito 35 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

If the target audience is ex-JW's I would think you would get between 50 and 80% who would read more than two screens.

They would be mainly young people.

For active, even questioning, current witnesses, the graphics and music would turn them right off. They would run like all the

demons of hell were after them, particularly if they were over thirty.

It is a real shame because you have spent a lot of time and there is a lot of very good info current witnesses should read.

yesdid

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To SF:

It's a shame these SOB's love the drama involved in the "martyr syndrome" fight they engage in. If they took MY signs, I'd have them in court so fast it wouldn't be funny. We all know they'd do the same to us if we took THEIR signs down.

Here in FL, we have the "castle doctrine". If you feel your life (and sometimes property) is being threatened, you can use force to defend yourself. You cannot be arrested or sued by the victim's family (if he lives or dies). I don't advocate shooting someone for stepping five feet on my property in daylight to take a sign from my lawn, but if I had one on the house or in the window of a porch and it was night-time and a JW kicked in the door to take it, I can legally shoot him if his actions qualify as an attack on my safety. Breaking and entering is considered a life-threatening attack, especially at night. Again, I don't want this to happen. But we all know who would get the "hero's send-off" at the local Hall if my "hit a dime at 20 feet with any gun I own" skill was used to protect my home and family.

What irks me is that the JW's (rank and file) and the WT (NYC clowns) think they are so very cute in almost everything they do or say. Does anyone else see a polarization in the articles and attitudes of the WT and how the JW's now talk? There almost seems to be "we're ready for Armageddon and can't wait for you six billion pieces of scum to die so we can be vindicated" attitude in their demeanor. There always has been an arrogance far beyond what Jesus meant about "inner peace" because of having a "hope" or "the truth". The WT has a sneering in their faces and voices that comes close to a challenge or "dare". I think sometimes that they are "spoiling for a fight" and almost hope something breaks out.

But I'm warning you lurkers that you really don't want this to happen. People are reading things like the Six Screens and they is a very large and smoldering resentment against the WT. Remember, according to many statistics, if you count JW's who were DF'd, DA'd, or faded away, plus family members who saw the WT in action, it may be true that out of ALL the baptized JW's in the world, more than half are now OUT of the WT and glad of it. So you active JW's might find yourself outnumbered even among your own members and ex-members, not to speak of the world in general. I know you feel that God is going to finally feel this "finger in his eye" and get annoyed and deliver you, but you may discover that YOU are the finger.

Your lawyers are also quite cute in court. But many have been accused of perjury and your credibility is rapidly declining. Once, a JW's word was like gold. Now, anything from the WT can be counted on to be a lie. Pretty sad. My major was psychology and I see the beginning of a social trend against groups like the WT. I don't think you JW's have much more time. I've warned all my neighbors about the rape of my child and thousands of others. I hand out SL material. The world is beginning to take notice. In FL, they publish a newspaper dedicated to child molesters: maps, pictures, addresses, jobs, description, crime, on probation, everything. If they violate probation, they go to prison for a long time. They don't play around down here.

To conclude, my point is that the world is learning more each day. (Damn that Internet, right Bethel???) And they don't like what they see. Someday, and sooner than you JW's think, you will reap what you haved sown. The crop is going to end up killing you.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I just watched the video on Six Screens about the 3 babies dying at a convention from the heat. I am so angry I don't know what to say. Since my wife was an RN, I was usually put in charge of a First Aid table. I know we had many older people faint and brought to us on stretchers in Philly and NYC. The ice was rationed out only to the "emergency cases". But I never knew of anyone dying, much less a baby. Who could be so stupid as to leave an infant in the 110 degree sun for hours??

I often had important messages that I gave to the microphone people. They never delivered them. I guess some two-bit elder bragging about how his son got baptized at the age of 4 years old (usually a five minute experience) was more important than a 60 second warning to save the lives of those precious babies.

Once in NYC, Fred Franz was giving the closing prayer. It was hot as hell and he was mumbling for at least ten minutes. I finally sat down because I couldn't keep my balance. People were starting to look around at each other and a few left for their cars. Most, though, thought he was "Jesus on earth" and wouldn't have missed a word. I still don't know what the hell he was saying, and I don't think he did either. But hey, he was the Prez!! So they are saying that they couldn't cut one minute from his raving so that they could give the warning about the heat??

Do you WT idiots not realize what hypocrites you are?? Many of us here didn't know any better when we were in because the Internet wasn't here and the old books weren't available. Now we all have the information. And yet you defend it all and remain?? Are you proud to finish high school and brag how much smarter you are than college graduates? Are you proud of the fact that your doctrines change faster than the weather here in Florida? How does it feel to be the most ignorant religion in the USA?

And most of all, whatever will you say to God on Judgment Day about your lies, deaths from faulty medical advice, guilt from suicides, and all the rest?

• chelsea
    chelsea

Okay, is there any way to turn the music off????

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I just finished the JC recording. Those elders are idiots. He had them dead to rights on the UN, child abuse, everything. They pulled the usual BS "causing divisions". So now it's wrong to tell a lying hypocrite that he is one. Amazing.

These people are totally insane. They actually believe they are fair, just, loving, and correct.

Dear WT: I have one message for you. The proctologist called, they found your heads.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I was wondering if someone could help me out concerning JC meetings. Previously, on other forums, wasn't the point brought up that the judges in "old testament" times used to meet and "hold court" at the public gate so that anyone who wanted to observe could do so??

What verse does the WT use to change this procedure? Just the fact that Jesus did away with the Mosaic Law? If so, what gives the WT the right to quote ANY principle from the Law when they can't find a verse in the New Testament that forbids something that they want forbidden? If the Law is over and done with, it's finished, right? And if not, why don't they follow the Law?

I'm now listening to the secret appeal recording. The elders just NEVER stop with the BS, do they? Has anyone here gone through a JC meeting and/or an appeal meeting that was so frustrating that you wanted to pull your hair out? Or rather, you wanted to pull THEIR hair out?

How can people who are capable of building a hall in two days (and all the cooperation and that entails) be so damn stupid as to both act this way in the first place and secondly, to attempt to convince the public (and the rank and file) that they never do wrong. It is actually worse than Hitler denying that the concentration camps existed, even after the entire world saw it on TV.

The elders in this appeal recording use the same tired crap about asking what the "motive" is of the brother who is appealing his DF'ing. They deny that abuse occurs, they deny that the UN was wrong to do, along with all the rest. I'm actually ashamed that I was ever a JW. Short of DA'ing myself, can I get my baptism annulled??

I hope that these jerkoffs never serve on any jury duty at a trial any more important than a traffic ticket. Their sense of justice is so perverted no person on earth would ever get a fair consideration.

Oh, they just said "they're not scared to death" about his threats to have them arrested on a hate crime. Well, Bethel, we're not scared of YOU either. Remember the odds. One thousand to one. I suggest you don't try it. It won't help your "Millions now living will never die" campaign to come true if all of you get eternal life by means of a resurrection. Capice??

• teejay
    teejay

The recording of the judicial meeting was extraorinary. I now know for a fact how silly elders and former elders are.

• stara bircza
    stara bircza

Hi,

the content is fine......but I have to agree that the music is not appropriate. this sort of music could be construed as a little `dark`.......

It is a bit off putting, indeed it was one of the things that made me a little awkward about looking further into the site initially.

The music is very important, and maybe something more joyess and lighter would reflect the content. Or indeed, use different music for different aspects of the site and what it is conveying.

It could be, this music was used against the back-drop of the `darker side of the Watchtower`, rather than what it might be deemed by some to be, that is: a dark side to the Six Screens site.

Well I never in a million years thought I`d be logging into a site like this......and finding all these thiese things out.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Hello! Starabircza, I'm so glad you strolled in to the six screens website. I'm glad it didn't take a million years. You were able to muster up the courage in only two years. You are running ahead of everyone else.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

You have had two years to work on the format, what have you learned so far? I thought the Six Screens was a new site (that is why i did not say much about it.), two years is forever in our rapidly evolving Internet age. Leave the Shock Jock stuff for Howard Stern, and work on substance with time limits with your callers. Try to work on four hours, four hours, four hours! Less talk, more substance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit