At long last - Six Screens of the Watchtower website now Open!

by Incognito 35 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The site is nicely put together. I would like verification of some of the photographs though. Especially the photo suggesting Russell with a naked girl in bed.

steve

• sf
    sf

{{{{{{{{{{{ BOB }}}}}}}}}}}}}

http://www.docbob.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=40 [SCROLL DOWN JUST A BIT FOR RELATIVE INFO/INSIGHT]

Have You Found Out Yet?
    A Watchtower Exposure Seminar

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

HAVE YOU FOUND OUT YET?

FIND OUT ….

On Friday, August 27, 2004 the second annual seminar exposing the history and secrets of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Societywas held at the Holiday Inn, 4 Highland Drive, Tewksbury MA.

About 40 to 50 people attended. The program discussed "The Six Screens of the Watchtower."

Screen 1 - Theological Teachings

Screen 2 - Dark and Tainted Secrets

Screen 3 - Occult Connections>

Screen 4 - Mental Manipulation and Mind Control

Screen 5 - Induced Mental Illness and Elevated Anxiety

Screen 6 - Business.

I have a funny story about the sign you see pictured above. About 80 of the signs were placed at strategic locations near Kingdom Halls around the Tewksbury area and as far north as Dover NH. I placed two of them on routes that local Jehovah's Witnesses take to the Kingdom Hall in Kittery, Maine. I put them out at about 6:30 on a Sunday morning before I went to church. By the time I got back to check at about 10:30 am, one of them was already gone. The other was gone when I checked back at about 3 pm.

So I figured I would replace the one sign that was at the bottom of an exit ramp off I-95 and see if I could catch someone taking it. When I came home from work on Tuesday (the evening the Witnesses have the Theocratic School and Service meeting), I replaced the sign and pulled my car under a nearby overpass to watch.

I saw several of the local Witnesses pull up to the stop sign at the bottom of the exit ramp, stop and look at the sign, look up toward me and then continue on to the Kingdom Hall. No one took the sign, so I left my stakeout spot about 15 minutes after the meeting started. When I checked on Wednesday morning, the sign was still there, but it was gone on Wednesday night.

At the seminar, I asked those who had placed other signs if theirs had been taken, I was not exactly surprised to hear that almost all of the 80 or so signs that had been placed had been stolen.

It's sad the length to which some will go to silence those who disagree with them.

• DocBob
    DocBob

((((((sKally))))))

http://www.docbob.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=40 [SCROLL DOWN JUST A BIT FOR RELATIVE INFO/INSIGHT]

Always the detective,eh? :-)

BTW, if you go to Screen 4 and click on "Control Techniques" you can see and hear this old Mainer flapping his gums about mind control.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Now that I think of it, when I was at the WNFJ conference in 2004, Rick Fearon had unveiled a long banner called the six screens of the watchtower, I really enjoyed that part of the convention.

• chelsea
    chelsea

Hey I agree that the music is creepy!!!! I had to listen to "for the love of money" when reading the business screen so i didn't get freaked out (also because it was appropriate). And the music in the business screen is relatively good compared to the others.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Not bad. Good info. I wonder though if the music and graphics might actually scare away some current, active jw's. Just a thought.

• Jourles
    Jourles

When I got a sneak peak before everyone else did, I suggested that the *theme* of the site would turn away active jw's. The content isn't the problem. It is the way its presented.

When you have exjw's telling you that the site has a "creepy" feel to it and that the music sounds like something out of the Twilight Zone, I would take that as constructive criticism and make the necessary changes to suit my target audience. But it's obvious that the site owners have already put countless hours into the design and are not about to change the layout. That's too bad.

Randy's sites and the old Quotes site are perfect examples of getting current jw's to check things out for themselves without feeling like the demons are going to jump out of the screen. Again, these are just my opinions. Don't take that as my being totally anti-SSotW. It's yet one more site to show the dark side of the WTS.

• under_believer
    under_believer

1) Website loads fast for me (I suggest you give them another chance Lady Lee)
    2) Slick presentation
    3) Good information
    4) Really, really creepy. Will only preach to the choir on the issues it seeks to espouse. Will have zero effect on active or even doubting Witnesses.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

great site.........thanks for posting.

purps

• Caine
    Caine

I think its a great site. The music didnt crrep me out but i do think the WARNING UNSUITABLE FOR SOME VIEWERS will backfire and keep witnesses out.

I think the site for the most part was objective. The sex witch thing was a bit over the top and it even may me say...."ok i know the witnesses have issues, but now you guys are just being silly"

an 8.5 out of 10, just a tad bit overdone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit