Got proposed to today

by hambeak 31 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

A very nice lady and very pretty who has been coming in for a few weeks now, is starting to become a fatal attraction.

She comes in for the most idiotic requests and has asked me out numerous times. I keep giving her some excuse for not going out.

I can't tell her I am gay as that can destroy everything at work here.

Any Ideas? I don't want to hurt her feelings or stop her from spending her money here as well as sending her friends and neighbors.

At the same time I have never given her any inclination of going any further than a strictly business relationship between customer and a service provider.

HELP YALL

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

You could tell her that you've already been seeing someone on a casual friendship basis that has the feel of getting a little closer now than before...and you don't like talking about your love life in general. Let her know that you're flattered and that you do think she is pretty...just that your heart is engaged elsewhere. And don't give in to urgings for 'details.' Just say you like to keep your private life private.

• Satanus
    Satanus

How about you had a horse riding accident or you're studying in your spare time to be a priest?

S

• Scully
    Scully

You could just say that you're in a relationship already, and that you aren't someone who fools around on the side.

You could tell her that you keep your personal and professional relationships separate. You could say that you're new at your job and you don't want to create a bad impression with your supervisor/boss.

Make sure you do it kindly - that you're flattered, it isn't her, it's you - blah blah blah - and that you hope she'll still do business with your company.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

You could tell her that the conditions of your parole forbid you from dating for another 10 years.

• Caine
    Caine
    How about you had a horse riding accident

ROTFL

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Hambeak, you have a PM...

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Buy a wedding band, and just wear it at work... Or tell her you want to stay single... Or go on a date, and pretend to have mental condition... Tell her you're a Jehovahs Witness... (See option 3)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

how about the truth - say that you absolutely never mix business and personal relationships and you can't make an exception. Making up things just makes people mad, and if they are already being inappropriate and pushy, it is important to show them that you at least have some boundaries. you can say it pleasantly, and keep repeating it pleasantly, without any explanations. Then it is up to her whether or not she can hear the word "no" or you have to call the cops.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

whether you are gay is beside the point, she is being inappropriate and your personal life ain't nobody's business but your own. You don't have to explain why you won't go out with her, other than stating your boundary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit