Spy & report sins of others, or be disfellowshipped

by OnTheWayOut 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

i think i love you otwo....oomps

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm getting the cold shoulder from my dad because I had the audacity to set boundaries on our conversaions.

Namely, my refusal to debate WT arguments.

He probably is reasoning that if I refuse to talk about "Jehovah," he has nothing to talk about.

Yes, monitoring people's actions and conversations is just what JW's do.

My dad's actions are evidence of this.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Sorry, but this scripture came to my mind ... Isaiah 11: 1-3 ...

1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
    from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
    2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—
    the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
    the Spirit of counsel and of might,
    the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD—
    3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
    or decide by what he hears with his ears;

• Balaamsass
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw a film based on an actual stoning of a woman in a Moslem country. When you see Jesus pictures, you only see a few stones in a pair of hands. I can't begin to explain how appalled I was watching the reenactment. So violent and brutal. You know Joseph is a good person from the very start when he does not snitch and have her stoned. There was no evidence against the woman in the real life incident. Women who could vouch for her virtue and provide detailed accounts of where she actually was were not allowed to testify. It was chilling.

I read several times that East German's secret service was worse than the KGB. The KGB were brutal but they were mostly company men. You knew what to expect and could be a bit on your guard. The East German system employed regular people in large numbers to spy on neighbors. You never knew who could have you arrested or worse. When the East joined West Germany, social scientists said it was going to take decades to undo the harm by the any intimate friend snitch.

I wonder how the Chinese grandmothers don't get accidentally killed on purpose when their back is turned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit