Should Britain Build a £100m Mosque for the Olympics?

by LittleToe 25 Replies latest social current

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A poll is being taken by the British newspaper "The Evening Standard" as to whether or not Britain should invest £100m in a new mosque for the Olympics. I have to admit I'm a little confused as to why folks would desire to have their tax money invested in paying for a religious building, given that religions are already tax free. I don't see a similar offfer to build a new Cathedral, Synagogue or Hindu Temple, nor would I want to. How do you view this?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-18791-details/ques-18669-id/£100m+mosque:+Vote+now/poll.do

• greendawn
    greendawn

You should tell the Saudi Arabians to build a 100 million pound church in their territory, they will chop your head off. Definitely not worth supporting a belligerent religion that sought to conquer Europe and the then known world by force of arms.

• dobbie
    dobbie

they want to build it for the olympics?!no wonder they're saying they'll be way over budget!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    How do you view this?

sure. they've spent money on worse things. like war.

of course i think it's pure bs. they should build all sorts of buildings then though. if atheists wanted their own building, then they should get one too. also, the sub genii are a very motivated bunch of slackers that would love a building with some sort of arcade and theme park. oh yes, like an indoor waterslide park for bedouins who will be making the long trek to the olympics.

tetra

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Is this an indicator that they are becoming our national religion?? No way would I build a mosque or any religious symbol with tax payers money.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Sure they should. Then when its full to overflowing.........fill it with water.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what sport are they intending to play there...

• Scully
    Scully

Isn't there enough support from the Muslim community so that they can build their own mosque?

Every other religious group has to fund their own building projects, why should the Muslims be any different? Is the British government trying to send a message that they will cater to Muslims or attempt to curry favour with them?

Unless they are prepared to equally fund other religious groups, then I'm afraid I wouldn't support this endeavour.

• RAF
    RAF

Since religious matter is a personal matter I don't see why evrybody should pay for it ...

• dobbie
    dobbie

so far on the poll the majority have voted that it's a good idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit