how long should it take before a sheparding visit?

by DannyBloem 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I can remember one older couple that were told to quit calling on the missing and the weak and to spend it in more productive endeavors: calling on non-JWs. Not that they listened.

Blondie

It's a lot easier to place magazines, start studies and get non-JW's to meetings than it is to get people who have experience with all the love they've seen in Jehovah's organization go back to that environment.

• Caine
    Caine

been witness all my life....never got one

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I left in 83, I still havent gotten my visit. But I don't want one either.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witnesses wanted me to leave, so it was a surprise to me when a Batman and Robin team called on me after only 9 years.

• aarque
    aarque

Jeez... it's been 24 years since I faded... and no visits at all. But,they'd have a hard time now since I moved out of state in 2001.

• gumb
    gumb

Danny, what are you complaining about? You've already been given five months to plan your escape! In my experience, the elders will come looking for the lost sheep when they hear it hitting the bottom of the cliff it has just fallen off.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Shepherding visits didn't seem to be a big priority in my congregation, until I started missing meetings.

Once I started doing that, the elders would probably have visited every day if I'd have let them. They seem to be prepared to act when it's almost too late,

• Scully
    Scully

Back when we first decided to quit, I told Mr Scully that if we received a Shepherding Callâ„¢ within 90 days of our last meeting, I'd go back. It's been 12 years since they showed even a passing interest in me.

The only time they visited was 5 years ago, on the basis of a rumour that Mr Scully was seen doing something wrong (in the JW sense of the word). When he told them he wasn't interested in coming back, they announced that he had DAd himself. Which we didn't find out until almost a year after the fact.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, Danny.

• metaspy
    metaspy

in regard to Scully's comment about no knowing that Mr. Scully had "DA'd himself":
    In my old cong. the Presiding Overseer had a couple of people "DA by action".
    They too were shocked and dismayed when they walked into their old hall and no one would talk to them.
    The elders whisked them away to the elder's room and explained to them what happened.
    One brother was reinstated because it was a misunderstanding.
    Just one of the reasons I changed halls - I didn't need to go on a vacation to come back DA'd.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've been waiting for 28 years. Don't know if I should feel relieved or insulted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit