how long should it take before a sheparding visit?

by DannyBloem 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Haven't been to the meetings some months now. about 5 or so.

haven't heard a single thing. How long should it take before I'll receive a visit?

• pierogi
    pierogi

I don't know Danny, it's been a year for me with the same result.

• kid-A
    kid-A

It took them 3 years to pay my friend a visit. And he had left under "morally suspicious" circumstances.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

One of the fastest ways to get them on your doorstep is to have some rumor floating around that you've engaged in some kind of immorality. They'll leave supper on the stove, and be at your door in a nanosecond.

Dismembered

• Priest73
    Priest73

It's been eight years and counting... for me.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

It was over a year with no visit for me. Then I finally blew them away and DA'd myself. Best thing I ever did.

The Claw.

• blondie
    blondie

Every BOE is different. Do you have knowledge of how they treated other JWs that stopped going to the meetings? Without any evidence of wrongdoing, they may never come to see you except on 2 occasions

1) Twice a year just before the CO's visit because he usually asks about the inactive publishers.

2) They don't necessarily visit; they may just call on the phone or just drive by..

3) Some elders deliberately call when they think you won't be home to cover their rears but not have to do any real "work" by talking to you.

4) Sometimes they will have their wife with another sister drop by just to spy out the land.

The most important thing to ask yourself, "How did they treat inactive JWs when I was in good standing?"

Blondie (5 years and not waiting)

• Honesty
    Honesty

One of the fastest ways to get them on your doorstep is to have some rumor floating around that you've engaged in some kind of immorality. They'll leave supper on the stove, and be at your door in a nanosecond.

Dismembered

After the wife and I split, I saw strange cars parked about 100 feet away down the part of my street that dead-ends. I managed to get some tag numbers and have a friend in the Sherrif's Dept. who ran them for me. My wife's new congregation evidently just wanted to 'help' her out of a no-win situation.
  • DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    It took them 3 years to pay my friend a visit. And he had left under "morally suspicious" circumstances

Well I am not waiting for it or missing it. Just wondering why I have not heard a single phone call for even one brother of suister since not going to the meeting.
    Not even from persons who claim to be friends...

Was quite well known in the cong. Had a position there. But more so in another one before it.
    but still.....

Anyway, I am cool with it...

• blondie
    blondie

Danny B, you are finding out that the people you thought were friends were merely acquaintances that you happen to run into at the same building 2 or 3 times a week.

People are also unofficially marked as "bad association" when they do not attend meetings. They are probably afraid that you are contagious. I have had some elders tell me not to call or visit people who are missing meetings because I was not spiritually qualified and it was best left to the elders.

Consider it a blessing to learn who really care. I once found out that the only people who called me (4 of them) were people considered "weak" spiritually. That was eye-opening to find out who really cared and showed some semblance of Christian caring.

I figure that 1 in 500 of JWs are truly caring, Christian people and they get dumped on, caring the woes of the congregation. I can remember one older couple that were told to quit calling on the missing and the weak and to spend it in more productive endeavors: calling on non-JWs. Not that they listened.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit