Dungeons and Dragons

by BlackSwan of Memphis 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Has anyone or does anyone here play the comp game?

I remember this from when I was a kid and recently googled it. I was amazed with the graphics and thought about downloading the game.

Way back when N64 was the big thing, I got into Zelda Ocarina of Time (?) and really loved the role playing with the mythical setting.

If anyone here has or does play it, do you have any reccomendations? At present I just have a mouse and a pen and tablet, would that suffice or would a game control really be more helpful?

Thanks in advance!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

btt

"Hello?
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me.
    Is there anyone at home?"

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I've never played it. Theres all kinds of games like this online now isnt there?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Go away! Aint noone here but us Goblins!

• metaspy
    metaspy

I never played DnD because I was not allowed to.
    I have played many Zelda games. Go figure.
    From the lack of response, many here must not play either.
    Sorry

• free2think
    free2think

i'm here but I've never played it, sorry.

free

• exwitless
    exwitless

I honestly don't know much about the game; Little Drummer Boy used to play the real D&D when he was a teenager. I could be wrong, but I think he said the game NeverWinter Nights (for the PC) is a D&D type game, and he really liked playing it.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

PaulJ: I think you are probably right. I'll probably check it out.

LT:

Metaspy: Yeah, me too. I don't know if you remember the cartoon on Saturday mornings, but I loved that and when my parents realized what it was they said I couldn't watch it. Zelda's Ocarina was really fun and imaginative. That's why I thought the DnD would be intersting, similar type of game, I think.

Thanks for being here F2T!!

ExWitless: Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to google that and see what it's like.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I haven't played the new Online version, but I've played all the earlier incarnations. The original Baldur's Gate was beyond amazing to me. It was the first game like it I'd ever seen and I spent many, many hours searching out every inch of that wonderfully created world.

Neverwinter Nights was pretty cool too. The original game was immense. The espansions and especially the second expansion, Hordes of the Underdark, had everything an immersive game should have. The story kicked butt, the choreography shined, and the dialog for the character interactions had me laughing my arse off.

Baldur's Gate two was excellent as well. Icewind Dale and the Heart of Winter expansion were very good. Icewind Dale 2 didn't impress me much. Oh, and Planescape Torment was an amazing feat as well..

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok Thom, so for a newbie like me, any advice on getting started?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit