New Ex-JW's: Smoking isn't worth it!

by AlmostAtheist 33 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    It just ain't worth it. Rebel some other way: Hire a hooker. Buy a lottery ticket. Go to church. Take the hooker to church, and scratch the lottery ticket with the corner of a Reasoning book. But I promise you you'll regret it if you take up smoking.

I'll take up your suggestion, sir.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I thought that I was going to have the trach for life. Thank goodness that one cord recovered!

I'm glad it recovered, too. I remember seeing that anti-smoking commercial with the lady who smoked out of her trachea. Tripped me out.

• juni
    juni

Thanks Dave for having this Topic to discuss.

Yeah, I did the stupid thing - give the religion the cigarette finger. Have been hooked for 14 years. Today is my second day cold turkey. I'm crabby and feel nauseous and headachy. But I haven't succumbed. I'm taking each day separately. I'm keeping myself informed as to what to expect from withdrawal and when it will become easier to go without. Also drinking a lot of water. I don't want to be under anything's/anybody's control anymore. I'm a work in progress.

Is it hard to quit??? GOD YES. But I have to continually remind myself when I get the craving that it is for MY health and life.

Most definitely, if you haven't started smoking- DON'T. I didn't realize how addictive tobacco is.

Juni

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's sound advice cigarettes hurt one's health and economy, Almost Atheist I can recall your posts regarding your efforts to stop smoking apparently you failed that time but there is always a next time. When I think of all the money I saved by not smoking I am so pleased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit