Any positive experiences with the JWs?

by greendawn 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yes, 1 of the 2 JW's i dated before I turned 18. He was and is a very sweet person. Good mind for business, but is very naive and gullable. Will believe anything he hears (I guess this is a prerequisite for the org), anyway, we ran into each other about a year ago and have kept in touch by telephone from time to time.

He never talks about the org to me unless I bring up someting (negative of course) but he's very tolerant of my being critical. Maybe he's on the fence????

nj

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

I met my wife, and had two beautiful girls. Nothing else. Well, maybe some free sheetrock work done for free.

• blondie
    blondie

Read on JWD (what I remember)

Adding sour cream to cow manure doesn't make it a veggie dip.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    The most positive experience about the JWs is that they stay the hell away from me. Seriously

clap1clap1clap1clap1clap1

• greendawn
    greendawn

I suppose the overall balance is negative at least for those that were cut off from their families and close friends after leaving the org, that alone more than makes up for anything good enjoyed due to the org. If that's not cruel and degrading treatment I don't know what is.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

lot of positive expericences actually.

meet some real nice peolpe, who would really care

most listen more to the GB then their own heart, and have elss contact with me, but I understand, I have been in that position....

DB

• Balsam
    Balsam

Well like everything in life there are positive and negative things. I don't believe there is any escape for that. But often we find that there are more positive and other times more negative at various times in life don't you think?

When I first came in contact with jw's I was ready to divorce my husband of one year. He was an ass to say the least and I realized I'd made a terrible mistake marrying this man. He was verbally cruel and cared about no one but himself. Well he came into contact with jw's through a guy at work who was always preaching to everyone. My then husband actually listened and in time he wanted to go to the KH. I felt it was a waste of time for him but because of my own interest in the bible we went. I was impressed with jw's and we both decided to study with them. Our marriage totally turned around. Though it only was good about 7 years it was good years and the bible's positive influence helped us both to be better people. I loved being a jw and felt great pride in learning so much. Of course it was not until later that I realized that my knowledge was limited to what the jw concepts and understandings. We were very happy for a while. When the marriage began again to go south it was not because of jw's but because I just had a cheating husband who just did not understand commitment.

I make many friends I treasured and valued but lost them when I left the organization. But it was good while I was in and I understood that the when I left so would the relationships. I am sorry I raised my sons in it though. It has caused them much mental frustration over the years. Their doing good now and are finding happiness. I don't think the boys would find the jw's experience to be positive at all. But that is the difference between being raised in it and coming into it as a young person or adult.

Still I wish all those whom I was once close to, nothing but good wishes and hope they would wish me the same. I would never return to it. It served its purpose and it is my own fault I stayed beyond the time when it was no longer good.

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit