couldn't find a man in the org.....too educated

by lostyettobefound 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lostyettobefound
    lostyettobefound

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. I am one of the fortunate ones whose father was an elder ...note was....but defied all odds and sent me to university. By the way i must just point out that I am in Africa and I am an african. Anyway this led to my father being "demoted" of his position by those self righteous buggers. Anyway finished college etc and got to a marriable age but guess what all the brothers were terrified of me because i was too educated and doing too well for myself I was a potential problem.....what the hell????? So guess what I did I went and found a "worldly man" and that was the best decision I ever made. He did try and convert but decided he wasnt happy with the no birthday or xmass issue. As far as he was concerned birthdays to him were days to reflect on how much pain I went thru bringing his children into the world and a celebration of life. If one can celebrate Jesus's death why on earth should one celebrate a life isnt one greater than the other????? I remember telling one of the elders that there were no men of my calibre in the cong and he said ...be patient and when I did find someone out there he came back to me and said .."I didnt think you were serious" My father has disassociated himself and continues to educate and liberate his daughters!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum, when was your father demoted for sending you to the university? Was it something recent? Surprisingly the JWs are indeed anti education even though they now know that this world won't necessarily come to an end soon. Having an education means a decent standard of living something the org won't give to its members.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board Lostettobefound!

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Give your dad a handshake on my behalf.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Welcome, and 3 cheers for Daddy!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congratulations on finding a good man, who is not threatened by who you are.

My father has disassociated himself and continues to educate and liberate his daughters!!!!

And what a fine example your father provides! I bet your children are blessed to have such a strong and independent grandfather.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Great introduction!

Welcome aboard and greetings from dowunder!

Enjoy your time here.

Ozzie

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi lostyetobefound. and welcome to the forum.

• RAF
    RAF

Welcome LYTBF !!!

• lostyettobefound
    lostyettobefound

Hey guys thanks for all the welcomes ...what a friendly site and I do realise how it can be addictive I have read a lot of the threads and wow how much we all go through the same stuff. Anyway just to clarify the demotion of my dad ..I think the issue was more to the effect that i was living in res at the college therefore i wasnt at home to be monitored by my parents in terms of meeting attendance etc....... what aload of crap( at least thats what I think) Anyway i am so proud of my father and so glad he did what he did otherwise I wouldnt be where I am today. I am an independant woman who is very highly positioned in the company I work for with a hubby who is so supportive of my educational quests and together we are doing wonders and providing the best for our children. maybe we will go back and be those witnesses who are rich and evryone looks down or up to......I doubt it. I had a friend over recently who is a practicing witness and wow the things she gets up to are nowhere near what I do she is worse and guess what she is a pioneer ......to many deceiptful people in the org. All the holier than thous are actually faking it and get up to no good in secret. I would rather not. Thanks but no thanks been there done that got the t-shirt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit