You would stop criticising the JWs if they do what?

by greendawn 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I dont veiw as criticising but rather as exposing them and the falsehoods that damage lives. I hold no malice to them. We will all answer for our sins, on judgement day I will be worried about my own and not theirs, the Bible says we have an obligation to expose wrond doing and falsehood, this is what I am doing. One person asked me before I joined the forum, what are you going to do with all the knowledge of the scriptures that I have accumulated and I didn't have an answer until they showed me this site and now I try to help others and especially the lurkers or faders.

abr

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It is funny, but I am now pretty much over religion. I am examining my feelings on the matter more thoroughly, but I doubt I will ever feel the need to support creationism, heaven vs. earthly paradise, etc., like I care. . .however, the WT and JWs are now just like-the enemy-and I feel particular animosity towards it-in spite of having been involved with a LOT of different religions. That could support their persecution complex, I guess. It is just that they are so hypocritical about their beliefs and 'organization' that it just makes me mad. So I will stop picking on them when they close their doors, shut off their presses, and call off their dogs-I mean lawyers.

OTOH, I will still have fun arguing biblical statements vs. the WT statements, cause if they are going to claim to be Bible Believing, they should stop denying every tenet of it the way that they do. I will not in any kind of conscience argue trinity/non-trinity. I have never been particularly convicted on that. In fact, I think it is one of the issues that led me to question the Bible and its 'author' more critically.

Sorry, that was too much information. But I don't see me finding anything very good to say about the org. unless they donate a big chunk of money to help others-or even their own in a real way. LIke I said, though, I don't see it happening. That isn't how they operate.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Danny: they will never do the things you said. They can't stop shunning because they are afraid of what the dissidents can say, lifting the blood ban will be too explosive given the number of deaths it caused, and not preaching will mean for them a big loss of revenue.

ABR indeed what we do is expose their doctrinal errors and their evil actions and we will do so as long as they continue in that way.

JWdaughter a charitable policy is a concept totally foreign to their mind their prime concern is how to receive and increase their profits and not on how to give and lose profits.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

I would be far less critical of them if....

they would just recognize and praise the good that other people do. JWs certainly do not have the market cornered on good deeds nor on good intentions.

Many people, churches, religions, organizations, colleges, universities, etc. do much good in the world -- often quietly, without fanfare or publicity.

The list is endless. There are so many people out there trying their best to be good people and to do good in the world they live in. Just be decent enough to recognize them for it, and give them a well-deserved pat on the back.

Why should that be so hard for anyone to do?

Susan

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Be more like Mormons and not only actively encourage education but have your own university (Brigham Young)

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Why did this come to mind.....

William Wallace: "Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and murder. Do this and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today....Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse."

I guess that might just about be a START for me. And putting this in military terms, I might be willing to let them live, but we would NEVER be friends.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

DISAPPEAR!!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

stop the wicked disfellowshipping policy immediately

• abuttercup
    abuttercup

on anther topic

It is the year of the pig.

Happy NewYear

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Topic GreenDawn!..I would stop critisising JW`s if they would take responsibility for thier own lives..WBT$ makes JW`s look like Ass`s on a daily basis..JW`s need to grow up..Most JW`s are still children(7yrs old or 70yrs old)..They all rely on Mommy(WBT$)..The problem is,Mommy(WBT$)lies!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit