You would stop criticising the JWs if they do what?

by greendawn 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Do you Mr. Jones?
    Do you Mr. Jones?

First off, I don't think criticizing is the right word. No more than a con man or a disingenuous manipulator -- you would seek justice and want to have them exposed.

I have to agree with Seeker 4. They really need to apologize, not only to the publishers who were distributing the books and magazines door to door, but to the public itself.

How many magazines had that boilerplate "The generation that saw 1914 will not pass away ...until the end comes" Then the whole 1975 idea supported by the publications, public talks and august members of the Governing Body and talks at conventions. Which was then carried out into the field to bible studies and people at the doors.

Then there was that whole period where they claimed the literal heart was the seat of emotion. They used the new technology of heart transplants to "prove" you could wind up with someone else's "emotions/ personality." You couldn't get organ transplants because it was considered cannibalism.

Then there was the explanation of the King of the North and the King of the South that totally crumbled with the end of the Cold War and the break up of the Soviet Union.

JW publishers were circulating "un-truths" globally under the draconian overlords of the FDS.

I never liked the way they policed JW's reading material. We could offer the WTS literature at the door -- but we couldn't take any of the householder's religious material.

Ad infinitum.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Be more like Mormons and not only actively encourage education but have your own university (Brigham Young)

Good point as well as health clinics like SDA or food pantries & soup kitchens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit