Identifying Apostates

by stillajwexelder 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Just thought you all would like to know, the Number 4 talk tonight on the Theocratic Ministry School is "Identifying Apostates" material from the Reasoning Book -just come onto JWD I say

• blondie
    blondie

stilla, there's a thread around here by someone on JWD who has to give that talk.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Funny Christ never mentioned apostates once, but rather taught love and said let them go, blind guides is what they are, if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into the pit.

Funny how they are obsessed about apostates, they don't understand the message of our Lord

Matt 12:7 But you would not have condemned my innocent disciples if you knew the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices

abr

• Rooster
    Rooster

rsp.34-p.37Apostasy***

Apostasy

Definition:

Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah’s organization.

Should

weexpectthatapostateswillarisewithintheChristiancongregation?

1 Tim. 4:1: "The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons by reading the Watchtower and Awake."

2 Thess. 2:3: "Let no one seduce you in any manner, because [the day of Jehovah] will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction." This man of lawlessness is no other then the Governing Boby of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Some

identifyingmarksofapostates—

They

seektomakeotherstheirfollowers,thuscausingsectariandivisions

Acts 20:30: "From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves." Paster Russell did this.

2 Pet. 2:1, 3: "There will also be false teachers among you. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them Jesus Christ . . . Also, with covetousness they will exploit you with counterfeit words." Words like the end will be here in 1914 & thousands of other printed lies.

They

mayprofesstobelieveinChristbuttreatlightlythepreachingandteachingworkheassignedtohisfollowers

Luke 6:46: "Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?"

Matt. 28:19, 20: "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them . . . teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you."

Matt. 23:15:

"Woe to YOU, governing body members, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen´na twice as much so as yourselves.

Matt. 24:14: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

They

mayclaimtoserveGodbutrejecthisrepresentatives,hisvisibleorganization

Jude 8, 11: "These governing body members, too, indulging in dreams, are defiling the flesh and disregarding lordship and speaking abusively of glorious ones. Too bad for them, because they . . . have perished in the rebellious talk of Korah!"

Num. 16:1-3, 11, 19-21: "Korah . . . proceeded to get up, together with . . . two hundred and fifty men of the sons of Israel, chieftains of the assembly . . . So they congregated themselves against Moses and Aaron and said to them: ‘That is enough of you, because the whole assembly are all of them holy and Jehovah is in their midst. Why, then, should you lift yourselves up above the congregation of Jehovah?’ . . . [Moses said:] ‘You and all your assembly who are gathering together are against Jehovah. As for Aaron, what is he that you men should murmur against him?’ When Korah got all the assembly together against them at the entrance of the tent of meeting, then Jehovah’s glory appeared to all the assembly. Jehovah now spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying: ‘Separate yourselves from the midst of this assembly, that I may exterminate them in an instant.’"

Not

onlydotheyabandonthetruefaithbuttheythen"beat"theirformerassociates,usingpubliccriticismandothermethodstohindertheirwork;theeffortsofsuchapostatesaredevotedtotearingdown,notbuildingup

Yes this is exactly what the Watchtower Bible & Track Society does to all othe religions though their Watchtower publications, they condemn them to death.

Matt. 24:45-51: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? . . . But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying he should have been here in 1914,’ and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink (join the UN) with the confirmed drunkards, the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites."

2 Tim. 2:16-18: "Shun empty speeches that violate what is holy; for they will advance to more and more ungodliness, and their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number. These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some."

Would

faithfulChristianswelcomeapostatesintotheirpresence,eitherpersonallyorbyreadingtheirliterature?

2 John 9, 10: "Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. . . . If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him."

Rom. 16:17, 18: "I exhort you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them. . . . By smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones."

Would

anyseriousharmcomefromsatisfyingone’scuriosityaboutthethinkingofapostates?

Prov. 11:9: "By his mouth the one who is an apostate brings his fellowman to ruin."

Isa. 32:6: "The senseless one himself will speak mere senselessness, and his very heart will work at what is hurtful, to work at apostasy and to speak against Jehovah what is wayward, to cause the soul of the hungry one to go empty, and he causes even the thirsty one to go without drink itself." (Compare Isaiah 65:13, 14.)

How

seriousisapostasy?

2 Pet. 2:1: "These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves."

Job 13:16: "Before him [God] no apostate will come in."

Heb. 6:4-6: "It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away ["if they then commit apostasy," RS], to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame."

• undercover
    undercover

This talk is a perfect oppurtunity for someone on the inside to slyly give out some information on the real meaning of apostasy and how it can apply to anyone, including Jesus, CT Russell, or any one of a number of JWs who left other religions to become a JW.

Anyone listening closely might see where the WTS definition doesn't really jive with the accepted meaning and it could plant a small seed of doubt that could be cultivated later.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Funny Christ never mentioned apostates once, but rather taught love and said let them go, blind guides is what they are, if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into the pit.

Funny how they are obsessed about apostates, they don't understand the message of our Lord

Matt 12:7 But you would not have condemned my innocent disciples if you knew the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices

abr

Good point, abr.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks J ex W, the scriptures really speak for themselves not like the ones we were predertermined to believe what they said by studying out of a book!

abr

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I heard that one of the reasons they are going to reveal is a Brother's last name. Shucks, now everyone will know.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sorry didnt realize there was already (threads) on this subject

• stillajwexelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit