Storys about demons and how they react to JWs - What do You think?

by Marcel 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Marcel
    Marcel

Hi! I dont believe much of the Societys teachings anymore. But theres one thing that i carried with me all my life: When everything is false, what is about those stories about demons, seances and all that stuff that is out in the world? everything just made up? if there is just one evidence of paranormal activity it would convince myself that the bible is truth. and that would imply that im not allowed to ignore it. so if the society is wrong... what else could i do? im not that type of person who starts a new cult :D its not like stories about demons/ghosts/whatever are far away from me or out of the societies books only. my mother told me about a demon haunting a flat of a friend (everytime the friend left the flat and come back all doors were opened. even with witnesses (elders)). another story of a friend of mine is about a nuthouse he was working in. he told me that there were *some* patients who recognized him as a "servant of jehovah" without seeing him before. another story was about a seance a friend was watching (moving objects - she regreted it deeply to try that when she was young) and a knocking on the door of her bedroom the other night (while her friend was sleeping in the same room and heared it too) and the knocking went away forever when she shouted "please jehovah help me!". to tell the truth those occurences convinced me long ago to kick away my doubts away. later i doubted more and more things like kind of waking up. but this paranormal occurences always let me think: if any of these stories have a true background (and i trust every single person who told me that stories) i may be misled leaving the witnesses. im a fader and my mind is already shunned ;) but these keeps me thinking. what do think about that? do you ever experienced paranormal activities? have you heard stories about from friends/relatives? do you think that some of the stories are true? can you believe the bible and or jw's are wrong even if you believe there actually IS more that science can measure? Thank You for your comments (and sorry for my english ;() Marcel

• Zico
    Zico

Hi Marcel, Welcome to the board! I find this interesting because I had very similar questions when I was new on the board: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/113895/1.ashx Having read the responses from my thread, and looked into this a bit more, I found stories from Christians who claimed similar experiences and used Jesus' help, and even Muslims with Allah. I came to the conclusion that using the name is psychological. Basically, if you believe using the name will help you, it will help you. Another reason why I came to this conclusion was because I also read accounts from Christians who used cross symbols to 'ward off evil' which suggested to me that it wasn't so much strength coming from Jehovah that helps to deal with situations that appear 'paranormal' but it was the strength and peace of mind that using the name 'Jehovah' 'Jesus' or 'Allah' or using the cross gave to the person that helped them. There are also other explanations for paranormal activity outside of the bible and the demons. Perhaps this is something you should research yourself and then you can come to your own conclusions. Hope this helps.

• Marcel
    Marcel

thank you very much zico! the fact that members of the "false religion" also succeeds in calling their false gods makes a huge difference. i thought about that already, but never found any evidences for that. thank you for your suggestions.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I dont remember any paranormal experiences when I was a JW, but alot of the JW's had demon experiences, especially those that lived in rural areas. Ky JW's talk more about demons than most other JW's I have known. Do I believe in the existence of demons? Yes, because they are in the bible. Do I believe the demons attack individual JW's in order to draw them away from the so called "Truth"-No, if anything I feel the demons are trying to scare them even further into the JW religion.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Excellent points to ponder

If demons are real, then god must exsist, since demons are just fallen angels, right?

I wonder how atheists explain paranormal activity?

I am open-minded to all sorts of possibilites, I will never let myself follow one way of thinking ever again...so i choose to let the facts speak for themselves...

is there paranormal activity,? yes, thousands of people couldnt be making up stories, most of these stories have basis on reality and fact.

can i explain them? maybe it's demons and aliens?

or demons pretending to be aliens? lol i dont know....I just know that unexplained events do occur.

As for the JW aspect of it, I am excited to learn that other religions could ward off demon attacks as well, and i've even heard of experiences where good standing JW's calling on Jehovah's name had NO effect on the demon attack.

• greendawn
    greendawn

These demon stories are another mind trick to keep the R&F in fear and under control. Biblically the demons have a degree of power over the human mind but they can never directly influence the material world we live in therefore all these stories about demons moving things and hitting people are false. But as for those invoking the demons and willingly seeking an intimate association with them they invariably get into serious psychological problems through this sought contact.

• misocup
    misocup

After I left I wanted to find out about all religions because I was stuck in the mind-set of the one true religion. I looked into everything including Satanism. What I found is that if you call it to yourself you will find it. Bad or Good. I think the JW's deny themselves the ability to commune with the holy spirit directly, letting the GB do it for them, even though Jesus said that in the end the true worshipers would worship in spirit and truth. What does it mean to worship in spirit? I think it means each person would have thier own relationship with God, thereby not being dependant on men as a conduit for the holy spirit. After all in the last days there will be many saying I am the way. I think in there group any type of sign or spitirual activity they may encounter would be put down to demonic activity pointing to a scripture ( I can't remember it right now) that talks about how there would be no more kind of miraculous activity towards the end of this system.

I've now experienced enough to know that there is something out there, but I will never let a man tell me what it is or what it wants. Jesus said the Kingdom of God is within you, we are made in God's image. We inherently Know these things. We all have the same value in God's eyes, no human can judge us no matter what we do. DF'd or not. That has become my core strength over the years and helped me to overcome the total panick I used to feel and neurotic drive to please others.

If I wanted to find out for myself like the JW's always talk about but never do I would have to overcome my fear of demons. I read all the taboo books and subjects, and watched all the bad movies. The most interesting thing I found was in a book by Alistair Crowley. The famed occultist from the beginning of the 20th century (probably a friend of Russels). In the book "Magick in Theory and Practice" he says how the name Jehovah can be used in magickal rituals. I always remember saying Jehovahs name because we were taught that the demons flee at the mere mention of it. So I thought well if the demons are afraid of the name Jehovah, then how can an occultist (Satanist) who has direct dealing with demons use the name Jehovah in demonic ritual? Wouldn't the occultist want to avoid the use of the name? Woudn't using the name bring some sort of pain to an occultist when uttering it?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I wonder how atheists explain paranormal activity?

Give me an example and I'll try to explain it... But please, only one at a time.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

It's always a story of somebody who heard a story of somebody who heard....

• Marcel
    Marcel

hi Anti-Christ! yeah, thats right in many cases. because someone who actually experienced it would not ask. i heard from somebody who heard from somebody that australia is a country somewhere south of asia. i wasnt there. but i do not doubt a bit that there isnt that mystical *australia*... :-D what i want to say is: thats no real argument... sadly...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit