For Princess and any others curious

by Rex B13 30 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    This is strictly for those who want to know how to become saved. You will not even truly have the desire to unless you are called by the Father.

Even if that were true - and of course it is not, the voices Rex hears do not belong to God - it strikes me as being very unfair. God arbitrarily chooses certain people to be saved and he condemns the rest to an eternity of torture for somebody else's mistakes. Rex, if your god exists, he is evil. Why do you worship him? Is it because you're afraid of going to hell?

--
    Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit attrocities - Voltaire

• Mulan
    Mulan

Farkel, you gave the BEST comment of all: "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

I am going to make this my "anthem".

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

quote]This is strictly for those who want to know how to become saved. You will not even truly have the desire to unless you are called by the Father.[/quote]

>Even if that were true - and of course it is not,

NIV Romans 1:1-7
    1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God--
    2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
    3 regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,
    4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
    5 Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith.
    6 And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.
    7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

NIV Jude 1:1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ:

NIV Romans 8:29-39
    29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
    30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
    31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
    32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
    33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
    34 Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
    35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
    36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."
    37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
    38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
    39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There you go, Derek. The 'calling' is entirely Biblical and I threw in 'once saved; always saved' for good measure.

> the voices Rex hears do not belong to God - it strikes me as being very unfair. God arbitrarily chooses certain people to be saved and he condemns the rest to an eternity of torture for somebody else's mistakes.

Nope, you twist the scriptural point. We each have 'free will'.

> Rex, if your god exists, he is evil. Why do you worship him? Is it because you're afraid of going to hell?

Coming from someone who doesn't take the time to understand remotely what he is discussing, this does not surprise me. Hell? Read John 15, the gospel accounts of the crucifixtion and then you will see why I love the Lord God Almighty.
    Rex

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Princess,

>As for Jesus telling the man he would be with him in paradise, keep in mind that the punctuation was added after translating. He could just have easily been saying "truly I tell you today, you will be with me..." I realize this is the JW explanation for that scripture and I don't know which way is correct.

Then why not research it? No one proves any doctrine with one scripture, that is the first tip off that the teaching is wrong.

>I personally don't think it matters. My point is, you can't prove it is one way or the other. You have not proven the immortal soul with this scripture.

Princess

And you did not read my post very well. Every main doctrine of protestant theology can be proven with scriptural backing. As Jws, we learn only the rudimentary lessons of a cult that doesn't want us to think for ourselves. This is the most important thing you can ever do. Learn proper exgesis of scripture and why there are solid beliefs before you blow it off.

Saint Atan

Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn and their ilk are false teachers who have unsupported ideas about scripture. No wonder you are now 'out' of the faith.
    Rex

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Princess,

As for Jesus telling the man he would be with him in paradise, keep in mind that the punctuation was added after translating. He could just have easily been saying "truly I tell you today, you will be with me..." I realize this is the JW explanation for that scripture and I don't know which way is correct. I personally don't think it matters. My point is, you can't prove it is one way or the other. You have not proven the immortal soul with this scripture.

I think this scripture is of immense importance, because it can totally blow the WTS doctrine about "soul-sleep" out of the water.

"Truly I tell you" ("I tell you the truth" in the NIV) was an expression regularly used by Jesus (I'm sure you know this). In the gospels, he's recorded as using this expression like 60 or 70 times.

Follow this link to see these references and notice that in each and every case the expression is immediately followed by a comma (and once by a colon I think): http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?search=I+tell+you+the+truth&SearchType=AND&version=NIV&restrict=Gospels&StartRestrict=&EndRestrict=&language=english

This makes sense, because it was a way Jesus began sentences all the time. So knowing this, why in this one case would Jesus change the way he starts his sentences, adding the word "today"? It really makes no sense.

Not only that, but what does "truly I tell you today" even mean? Is it necessary to let the person being addressed know that he is being spoken to "today"? I mean, is there a chance the person will think he is being spoken to yesterday, or tomorrow?

And what about all the other times Jesus used this introduction? Why did he not let those persons know he was speaking to them "today"?

I'm not trying to convert you, just sharing something that I personally found interesting.

TS,

• Princess
    Princess

Oh for God's sake, I really don't care that much.

Rex, I was referring to your first post not the book you wrote later. Obviously if I was really interested I would research it, but I'm not. I'd rather play legos and Barbies with my kids. Much more satisfying and I thank god for them (my kids, the really important things) every day.

Princess

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

OK, Princess.
    What belief system as taught to you by your parents (and probably her parents also) had considerable influence on your eventual growth into a valuable and responsible member of society? Was it the flawed Watchtower or the Word itself?
    Are you going to teach your children this valuable guideline or teach them to 'live for today, tomorrow may never come' and our selfish 'me first' culture? (Think about it, the question is rhetorical and I don't expect an answer.)

You asked:
    >. I read your post. I am curious about the interpretations you added between scriptures. Also, when you say you won't even have the desire to be saved unless called upon by the father, what do you mean? Are we all to believe we are just waiting to be called? Is god watching us and waiting for the perfect moment to call on us? What if we die before he calls? Eternal death?

This is where we get into the Arminian vs the Calvinist argument. Neither one is vital for your salvation. Think of it this way: If God is Almighty in power and all knowing, if He is truly sovereign (in contol of all) then would he not also predestinate our lives yet give us free will to choose or not to choose Him?
    Haven't you seen in scripture where he hardens those who will chose NOT to obey Him and He draws those who will do so? As Paul says in Romans, NONE of us are good, none of us would choose God on our own. That is why 'grace through faith' is entirely a work of God and not by our own merits or 'works'. (Eph. 2.8,9)

>What proof do you have to back up the statement that to "fall short of the glory of god" means eternal separation from him? (Romans 3.23; 6.23) Could this not just mean that we fall short of his glory in that we can never attain his perfection, he is god and we are human?

You have part of it. We are only 'perfect' in the covering blood of Christ's sacrifice on the cross. This event literally was God paying the full price for our sin, caused by the fall of man. Until we are 'saved' we are 'objects of wrath'. If we honestly ask for salvation, He will give it (Romans 10.9-11).

>You gave no proof that death mentioned in Romans is more than physical.

I have the hisorical proof as backed up by the experts, whom the society chose to ignore in their own apostacy and cultism.

>My point is, you can't prove it is one way or the other. You have not proven the immortal soul with this scripture.

I proved it in the 'book' that you failed to read. This is important stuff. We are talking about your eternal life, as is your much villified sister-in-law. I believe you when you say that 'she is a pain', if she is one of those who always prattles on about 'God did this or God said that' when God did no such!
    Take care of those sweet little kids!

For Mulan,
    Are you really giving up the fine example of Jesus life and teachings because you cannot rationalize Old Testament judgements? Rhetorical: Do you really want your daughter not to teach her children this inherently valuable guideline for meaningful living? Surely you are not so bitter that you cannot find a style of Christianity that meets your viewpont?
    Rex

• Satanus
    Satanus

rex

Thanks for judging me as 'out of the faith', whatever that means. Also for explaining why i came to be 'out of the faith'. You are truly a great prophet of the most high god jehovah/jesus! The tremendous insight that you show by reaching these profound conclusions from reading only a few my posts is truly aweinspiring. You must be up there with elijah. Your mindreading ability approaches that of jesus. Praise the lord!

You know more about me and my life than i do myself. You also are on a much higher spiritual level than 'copeland, hinn and their ilk'. If only i had met you while there was still achance of being rescued. Oh sorry, my lack of faith again, with your spiritual powers and higher connections, i'm sure you could rescue a fallen one such as myself. Thankyou so much for even speaking to me, one of the dogs.

When was it that you first met god?

Satan

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Satan Saint,
    You said you were not any longer a believer, didn't you? It sure seems like it....
    Copeland and Hinn are both 'ut in left field, no, the parking lot' s my friend "1" used to say. Their theology is bunk, to put it mildly.
    Rex

• Satanus
    Satanus

rex

Why don't you read what i said? Maybe you don't need to. Maybe you have a 'gift' for knowledge of such things as the spiritual condition of people.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit