Do you still believe in the Return of Christ? 66% says in 2007

by magdalenefan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• magdalenefan
    magdalenefan

I thank you for your support for my sadness over my Divorce, and not taking in the faith of the Witnesses no more. Now where do we go from here. I tried the search engine for some articles and it said it was being updated.

I am still believing in the word of God, I dont believe anymore in greedy people. How many here believe that Christ will still return?

I read in the paper that 66% believe that he could return in 2007.

I think it would be as a normal man, perhaps alive today. Perhaps he'll be so unpopular because he will expose the religious hypocrisy. Kind of like what this forum is accomplishing....I still believe in his return, because after a divorce, and the lack of love in the Hall, I know what a lost sheep feels like, and we have to believe in some hope.

He's going to appear and speak out all the flaws of money making religion, and their pride and lovelessness.

Are you all keeping your belief in the Return of Christ? In what form or way?

Ps, Next time I will put my posts in the right category, thanks Friends!

• Rooster
    Rooster

Yes I believe that Christ will return one day to bring the rule of mankind to an end. I don't think he will show up on the earth and start butchering people.

• needproof
    needproof

No way, I strongly believe that Christ did not exist, will not return, did not come then, will not come now, nor shall come. Too much evidence against.

• magdalenefan
    magdalenefan

But he was born a Jew. And the leaders of the Jews had their tasseled fine garments, they made lots of money. They were allowing prostitution and sellers at the temple, yet they rigidly held the common people yoked to outrageously expanded laws.

He complained, They rejected him, and he was put to death.

I am hardly wearing dresses anymore , and when I see a suit, I think I see them. I read that Bethel is downprinting to save money. Their laws disfellowshipped me when I divorced.

I think he can return the same way. Does history repeat?

What makes me mad is that they think I will be worshipping Satan or something if I am no longer a Witness, and they wont believe you can be a good person when you leave.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am still believing in the word of God, I dont believe anymore in greedy people. How many here believe that Christ will still return?

If your on a quest, you might as well google the reliability of the bible, (which one by the way/) Then while your down that road find out if jc ever existed. If he never was, its gona be a real trip for him to come back.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes he will return one day that's what all mainstream christian religions believe but we don't know when that will be therefore no dates are set by decent people, unlike the adventists and their JW offshoot.

• needproof
    needproof

Sorry to hear about your harsh treatment. To be truthful, don't you think you are wishful thinking? Apostates of Islam get their heads chopped off, but Mohammed isn't coming to save them. Why should Jesus come to save us?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yep. But no one knows the day nor the hour. Peace. BA

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

magdelenefan:

I think he can return the same way. Does history repeat?

History doesn't repeat itself.....similar things may happen in the future as did in the past but just because something happened before doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen again....that is assuming that the thing even happened in the first place.

I think Jesus already returned....he's named J.T. Leroy this time.....

• magdalenefan
    magdalenefan

Jesus spoke of "Lost sheep" is that us? Someone called him a rabble rouser. A rebellious revolutionist trying to overturn religious structure. Is this kind of like what they would think of this website? I have no religious structure now.

If Jesus said the temple fell, then that left me without a Kingdom Hall.

So, yes, I still think Jesus wants to save people, and without price. Day or hour, nobody knows, but things are getting so morally bad, no more true love, except maybe on Wife Swap, the television show, the couples are running into eachothers arms after seeing the other side.

Of course I wont be running back to the arms of the elders, and sadly not my ex either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit