Do you still believe in the Return of Christ? 66% says in 2007

by magdalenefan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

66% of who? Certainly not 66% of all Americans, or 66% of the entire world. Perhaps 66% of Baptists (or other BAC church)? The story of Christs "return" was written decades after his execution. Since the original copies of those stories have long since disintegrated, there is absolutely no way to even know those originals ever contained such a promise, or if even ANY person ever made such a claim. My expectation is that no return will ever take place, not in my lifetime, or yours, or of any person who ever lives at any time in the future.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Magdalenefan,

Sounds like you are going through some stressful times. It's understandable you would want to reach out to a deity for some hope of salvation. However, I suggest going to the root of the problem, and quietly sitting and watching the mind. See how the mind creates a confusing grand-drama out of patchwork remnants of past-down beliefs and current emotional pain.

When we uncover the dynamics of the mind and the agony that can result from blindly allowing the mind to dictate our "reality", we then have the freedom of choice to not go there. But we have to clearly see what's going on, first.

There is a very peaceful witness to the minds activity; and it can be recognized as our foundational reality and identity. Then, life seems to not be so harsh around the edges. We have found a divinity far more real than any deity we seek outside the reality of here and now.

Good luck.

j

• Gayle
    Gayle

I don't worry about the future like before,,I believe things are in God's hands in his way,,that good wins in the long run.....Hitler went down,,USSR went down (I didn't think I'd ever see that in this world!),,Ireland and Northern Ireland are working together now,,good things can happen all of sudden or slowly,,Lies get exposed,,maybe not all but a lot do,,there's a lot of bad certainly, sometimes individuals can do something about, individually or in groups,,many things in our personal life to improve is up to us,,tho sometimes I look at the "bad" list and then must look at the "good" list, which is the longer list, than dwelling on the bad things. I don't have to look for an "end times" to find happiness and contentment and thankfullness for each day.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

We just have to be busy doing what we know is right while we wait for Jehovah to do his work around us.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yes i believe in the return of christ. it seems to happen every morning. i can guaruntee it will happen tomorrow morning too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit