Making you nervous?

by avidbiblereader 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

Nervous?...No...I had the ability to speak extemporaneously...became familiar with the material, used very few notes, never had an outline...some call it the gift of gab. Shame is, I never made use of it after leaving the wt...except a short time of teaching Sunday school...

• loosie
    loosie

Commenting was okay for me.

But giving talks forget it. I hated every minute of it. My last one, I was the householder and I had to read a scripture. Which I've done hundreds of times before. Well this time my voice got all cracklely like I was about to cry. I couldn't control this at all. Then people started looking at me. Oh I so wanted to get off that stage.

Afterwards one of my favorite Elders asked me " What happened up there sounded like you were gonna cry." Which made it all the worse.

I never got up there again. I would always cancel the following assignments and then they stopped putting me on the list.

It was cool with me.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I dreaded doing the 5 minute talk at the Ministry School.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I dreaded speaking up in front of others. I'd spend hours trying to put answers in my own words, and as soon as i even thought about putting my hand up my heart would jump into my mouth - when i did put it up and didn't get chosen it was worse cos i'd gone through all that for nothing!It didn't help our microphones were rubbish too and quite often cut out on you. When i did get chosed i'd go the colour of a tomato,and feel like my heart was jumping from my mouth into my feet!

I only did two talks in my 14yrs cos i couldn't handle it. I used to find it hard just to walk in through the door some nights. Book study was worse i used to skip it often, stuck in a small room with no escape and feeling that you had to answer - ugh!

The day i got baptised i had to get up at an assembly and speak in from of about 600jws - before i went on i really thought i was going to die from nerves!Personally i was glad us females couldn't do main talks or anything my system couldn't have coped with that!lol

• Zico
    Zico

Talks and answers weren't so bad for me, but I hated doing the public prayers, but I've only done a few. However, one time I did a demo at a Convention, and another time I was in the Drama. Thousands and thousands of people were watching me. I was terrified. I hardly slept for weeks before them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit