Were YOU a JW Who Was Always Afraid, Depressed or Ill?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Funny that when the elders would meet with the regular pioneers to counsel them that they might need to do more because itl ooks like their yearly hour requirement might not be met, the elders would never remove the pioneer for their lack of hours----even when certain ones did it for a few years in a row! Rather, the pioneer was CONSTANTLY put under the PRESSURE to get that time in. For some it was nearly impossible and the result was that they were always discouraged.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can`t remember one JW kid that wasn`t terrified..A bad thunderstorm..Armageddon!!!..Noises at night..DemonZ!!..Not being a good little JW kid..Get the crap beat out of you!..Are`nt JW Childhoods just the best???..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Now look at you OUTLAW! You're always upbeat!!

• minimus
    minimus

Did you notice how BEFORE the Circuit Overseer would visit, everyone was on a spiritual high, anxiously awaiting his presence and while he visited some would decide to pioneer or make certain "theocratic" goals?

But then AFTER he left, everyone seemed to get depressed??

I think the COs and assemblies get persons to join the pioneer ranks or think about Bethel service because they are always saying that if one doesn't "do more", they really aren't faithful Jehovah's Witnesses. Once the JWs realize they've bitten off more than they can chew, depression sets in along with all the other negative emotions.

There's a reason why, when JWs leave the Organization, they seem to prosper.

• 5go
    5go

There's a reason why, when JWs leave the Organization, they seem to prosper.

No, the vast majority don't. Though a lot when they do succeed in life, love to go back and rub it in the faces of those that can't succeed.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Yes depressed and afraid of not being good enough.

Maddie

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Not so much personally but I know the folks around me had a whole lot of problems.

~Hill

• Robert7
    Robert7

I never really 'drank the koolaid' so I wasn't any of that fortunately. I guess a small part of me really didn't buy the nonsense and I really didn't think about. I think part of the reason there are many people with issues is that the faith attracts those types who are looking for hope and answers. It attracts freaks.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

I always felt inside that I was "inadequate". Every time that I received a new "priviledge"(tm), I thought that I didn't deserved it, because I felt I wasn't good enough. I felt guilty all the time, because inside my mind I did not agree with a lot of the WT policies (Higher education and similar stuff).

I've been having panic attacks since I was 9 or 10 years old, and diagnosed with GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) at 26. I'm 35 now, and I've been in medication since... 75mg of Effexor daily...

The anxiety has become part of my personality .

Maybe the "healing process" after getting disconnected from the Matrix will help me eliminate it.

Keep your fingers crossed!!

• minimus
    minimus

Tooktheredpill, I'm sorry to hear of your situation. It's truly a shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit