Do you (still) pray to God?

by Marcel 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

No because God promised He would never bring a flood again ( the rainbow lie) Why did 250,000 die in the tsunami then ??

• Threestars
    Threestars

No. I meditate with my Tibetan singing Bowls and sometimes I "talk" to the spirit essence of my beloved deceased Grandmother and even my Dad who died a JW. I also meditate on the Feminine Divine--a pleasant concept (as opposed to Warlord Zeus/Jehovah!) I picked up in the Unity church which I attended briefly. I'm an agnostic, I suppose, with a strong scientific educational background (no thanks to the borg on that one) but I have been called a "mystic" by some of my New-Age friends (probably because of my singing bowls...)

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Yes, although when I pray now, I do as Jesus did and say Heavenly Father vs. Jehovah.

(btw.: sometimes when i prayed for guidance in faith i found new arguments against the WTS short after...)

Me and my wife both prayed to know what to do about being in the Watchtower organisation.

Jehovah please help us to know if this is the right course we're on show us please, please.

Haven't set foot inside a kingdom hall in about 9 years.

Geuss he answered that prayer using Jehovah in the prayer.

moo

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

When I first started to fade I was not at all interested in God and stopped praying. About three years ago I started again and it feels really good. My prayers are more answered now that when I was a JW.

• free2think
    free2think

First of all Welcome Marcel!

Yes I do still pray. I actually think my relationship with God is much stronger now then it ever was when I was in the troof. I think the wts put so much fear in me that it stopped me from praying freely and regualrly as I never felt worthy. I always felt I had to start each prayer with 'i'm really sorry for........' which put me off praying in the end. But now I pray regualrly and I really mean what i'm saying for the first time.

• Marcel
    Marcel

thank you all for your warm words! yes, i *LOVE* this mixture of different views without any threat. its like something i missed my whole life. im still struggling finding a way out of my wts misery, but i see light at the end of the tunnle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit