Do you (still) pray to God?

by Marcel 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

No.

• Narkissos
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Yes but I feel a need to do it more - like writing letters to family.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Welcome, Marcel!

Yes, I still pray.

Best wishes on your unfolding journey of discovery.

~Merry

• Gregor
    Gregor

This athiests view of "prayer"* is that it can be a very effective way to clear ones mind, unburden ones self of irrational guilt, recognize & reinforce ones true priorities, acknowledge the importance of love and forgiveness for oneself and others, and the list goes on. I don't use the term "prayer" because of its religious overtone. I prefer to call it *"positive self-talk".

The believers view of prayer includes all of the above positive benefits but, IMHO, also includes an element of expectations that a higher power (God) will take a hands on part in a persons life. This where I must take leave of our common ground of belief that "prayer" is a good thing.

• PEC
    PEC

I have no invisible friends, no need to pray.

Philip

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have no invisible friends, Oh so you didnt see Jesus come invisibly in 1914 either ( that is why they kicked me out )
    But I hope you see HIM when HE really DOES come " Every eye WILL see him"

• acadian
    acadian

Yep.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Marcel,

WELCOME to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY DO still pray. I still believe in Jehovah and his son Jesus. We hope you stick around!!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Quentin
    Quentin

Welcome Marcel...you'll find various views here...hope you stick around to read/participate.

My view of prayer is similar to James Thomas'...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit