An update

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for the really warm welcome. Just a small confession .. my last post was actually written a couple months ago before I'd gotten the nerve to post. I copied and pasted it ... and forgot to update it.

My wedding came off in December 2006, and my mom did attend. Her PO didn't see a problem with her attending. Mind you, the nosey elder who threatened to take away her 'privileges of service' isn't even a member of her congo! He researched her phone number in a file at the Branch Office, then took it upon himself to call and 'counsel' her ... behind my back! She was so scared of losing her 'privileges' that she was prepared to miss her only child's wedding day. Eventually I convinced her to seek a second opinion on the matter, which thankfully she did.

I'm now happily married, and my mom loves her new son-in-law. Our 2 months together has seemed more like 2 weeks. I believe I'm lucky to have found one of the few good men left. I'm positive that my marriage will be happier than some of those 'capable wives' whose husbands treat them 'according to knowledge' (supposedly).

Just the other day my mom called me asking if I had returned to the meetings yet ... of course my answer was NO. She commented that if I were to "return to Jehovah" that my husband would follow. WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME WOULD I WISH SUCH A FATE ON MY HUSBAND? We celebrated our first Valentine's day together, and we have so many more celebrations to look forward to. REAL CELEBRATIONS!!!! Not pseudo-celebrations like 'spiritual food at the proper time', conventions, boring assemblies. field service, boring return visits, worshipping at the altar of the CO ..... (you all know what I mean)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi FFM,

I am so happy for you, that you have found such a wonderful husband, I wish you both every happiness.

Your mum can't help what she is saying, of course, she has to try and pull you back to jah. Keep on resisting her, you most certainly don't want to subject your husband to even a tiny bit of that bs.

Linda

• Kaput
    Kaput
    worshipping at the altar of the CO .....

That's one of the problems with the "true" religion....idol worship.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

How does your husband respond to all of the Crazy JW stuff? Like does your mom talk about the end of the system, and armageddon? My wife trips out on how just in normal conversation my family will throw in "yeah and since we are so close to the end"... or "when jehovah destroys the earth" Like Jehovah is some time bomb robot or something, my wife gets a bit freaked out, just wondering how your husband deals with it?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Congratulations and much joy to you, Frequent Fader! So happy your Mother attended. More joy all around.

All the best,
    Baba.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Congratulations and good for you all! Very nice to hear your story.

• becca1
    becca1

Congratulations!

• Synergy
    Synergy

I'm glad you're here. I know what you mean about REAL celebrations. I thought your JW celebration mentions were hilarious!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome FFM, congrats on leaving the dubs so as to be able to enjoy a free and proper life. Your mother is still under the WTS mind conditioning she bought into the myth that salvation is only to be found there. But it's great that she did finally attend the wedding despite having been threatened by an over zealous elder.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome FFM,

Glad to have you hear, your mom may never stop with the "party line", just stay strong and don't let her wear you down. You will be a better person and have a happier life.

Congratulations!!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit