Did You Do Business With JWs Thinking They Would Obviously Be More Honest?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

yeah, I did. Silly me.

the only big rip offs I have had where with JW customers.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Minimus

We never did, but just recently my mom used a company owned by 2 witnesses in her hall to install a complete new airconditioning system. They were top dollar....but she felt she could trust them.

After they left, turns out they didn't put a filter in the system and every time it kicked on the entire house smelled like dirty socks! (She called them about it and said she was nuts!)

Thankfully, the city inspector is required on all installations. When he came out, he discovered a large 4 inch by 6 foot gap left unsealed up in the attic where they had done the installation. They had to come back out and fix it....with a large attitude in tow.

She vowed never again to do business with the JW's.

PS.....they didn't bring a filter the second time around either. She went out and purchased her own.

r.

• minimus
    minimus

Do you believe a JW would actually steal cash from you if the opportunity was there?

• KW13
    KW13

i know several people who got screwed by jw's, some of them made genuine mistakes but in one case - a friend bought a car from another dub only to find it was a deathtrap and not very good.

• minimus
    minimus

Witnesses EXPECT to be given discounts and special treatment.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think JWs are more likely to be dishonest. There are some who are and some who are not. Part of the problem is the close relationship based on a false basis of Christlike personalities. The problem is not making the necessary financial checks of that person before doing business with them.

I check out a car dealership before I buy a car there.

I check out a repair shop before doing business with them.

And so on....but people suspend this step.

I would not do business with a non-JW without taking those steps not assuming that they are more honest than JWs.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe I'm stoooopid but I do think that a JW would be less likely to steal cash from you BUT would definetly try to beat you out of a business deal.

• zarco
    zarco

I generally agree with blondie that JWs are not more disposed to being dishonest. I think the real problem is that JWs are taught that the end is just around the corner so they end up with a short term mentality. A successful business has to have a long term view, cultivate customer relationships, build a reputation for honesty and value. JWs get "forced" into a mold that does not suit business success.

zarco

• Tez
    Tez

Well this question certainly brought back memories!! very bad ones!! My ex hubby worked for JW's, 3 elders who were in business together, all serving the same congregation. My ex uncovered some misdemeanours of one of the elders of this company and our life then became so miserable!! He confronted the elder, was sacked! then given his job back, then had to appear before a kangaroo court, which included the circuit overseer (of which he had no warning, just turned up at the hall and there they all were). During this time staying with the JW's was like trying to hang on to a greasy pole, oh how I wished I could just name and shame. This situation went on for several years and uncovered many skeletons, but do you know what? This elder seemed to be a lovely man, brilliant speaker on the platform, gentle and kind in everything except his business dealings!!

• minimus
    minimus

The love of money............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit