Did You Do Business With JWs Thinking They Would Obviously Be More Honest?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I personally never got ripped off by any JWs but I young JW girl was sold a car by a MS that was defective, he told her it had no problems which it did have and he no doubt knew about it. She had to pay a lot of money to repair the fault. That MS was quite wealthy and one of the slimiest money lovers I have ever known.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

I will never do business with a witness again. I got burned out of 4 grand, 1/2 of which was spend on materials for this brothers clients by me. The work was performed well and his clients were happy with my work... but he decided not to pay me. I really feel like slashing the brothers tires because it has put me in a very hard spot. Not to mention his body of elders didnt care since i was inactive. oh well..

• Caine
    Caine

I own my own business and refuse to employ or do any business with JW's. Dont want to fire a brother on Friday, and work with him in service on saturday.

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thing: I know of an inactive Witness who knows clearly this isn't the "Truth" yet ONLY employs Witnesses including elders. They think he's wonderful and obviously he could hire "worldly" people but won't.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Zarco:

It isn't just about the end being right around the corner. It's a little more complicated than that. It is a mix of faulty teachings, false beliefs and a false sense of entitlement. First of all, the whole religion lends itself to you letting your guard down, which is bad. The phony sense of "brotherhood" (let me throw up) leads some well-intentioned people to be trusting to those there who aren't worth the time of day and the result is that the well-intentioned person is taken advantage of or just plain defrauded. I have observed that they do terrible things to each other. The problem is that they feel NO ACCOUNTABILITY for anything they do. They feel they must be "forgiven" no matter what. They even feel if they die an Adamic death the slate is wiped clean. They also assume that you will not sue them. They also feel ENTITLED because they are your "brother". Then to add insult to injury, most have a meager education and make little money, which leads them to be desperate.

This is a volatile mix and a recipe for disaster.

LHG

• minimus
    minimus

LHG, great summation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit