For Lurkers: Is the cover of the March 15th Watchtower deceptive?

by seek2find 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seek2find
    seek2find

The cover of this issue pictures a group of modern day people standing looking up as if looking to the sky and the title says something like "Christ comming what does it mean to you?" I think it's deceptive because witnesses teach that Jesus already came in 1914. The article is talking about his comming to exucute the wicked and does not even mention 1914, but the photo and title on the cover would lead people to beleive that his comming is still in the future. Isn't this deceptive? seek2find

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

No more, or less, deceptive than everything else they have ever printed.

I take your point, however. It does seem, without having read the article, to be
    somewhat contradictory to their beliefs.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Maybe they are heading for some new light and will refer to this issue: "As early as the Watchtower, 15th March, 2007 ..."

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Watchtower tries to bend the definition of the word "coming", depending on the situation.

To the JW's, the coming of Christ is two-fold: They say he came first in 1914 in "kingdom power" (basically, to throw out Satan and establish the basis for the upcoming paradise through the work of the Watchtower Society), and secondly he will "come" at some unspecified future point to finish the job by bringing Armageddon to all who fail to believe in the Bible by associating with their "only true" organization.

The definition is confusing. By trying to control the definition, they are trying to control the thought process. (Yes! Jesus can come again, even though he has already come!)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think they are referring to the antitypical antitype of the past tense "coming" from the perspective of the future "coming". Therefore it is a statement that is technically accurate, yet misleading.

• Rooster
    Rooster

I don't subscribe to the Watchtower or Awake magazines anymore. They are like inviting the demons into your mind!

• seek2find
    seek2find

Rooster, You can't subscribe anymore anyway, you've got to get them from the Hall or an active witness. seek2find

• Rooster
    Rooster

Seek2find, the word subscribe also means "to support; consent to; favor; sanction

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Isnt most of the literature deceptive?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

yeah a bit deceptive maybe. Not more then a bit though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit