Name the favorite thing your pet does

by looking_glass 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I have a black lab, his name is midnight. He's 12 years old (human years). He always comes over when we are sitting on the sofa and plops his head down on your lap, just like a little kid.

He also is very impatient, if you don't get what he wants when he wants it (and he knows how to let you know what he wants) he will stomp his paw on the floor as to say "did you hear me".

I love love my baby!!!

• Rooster
    Rooster

My cat lives outside he won’t come in the house. When we catch him and bring him in all he does is meow. I love his no stop meowing, it's like he thinks he is going to be killed at any second.

• Twitch
    Twitch

When the prairie lion brings home food for the clan,.....LOL

• aarque
    aarque

Growing up, we had a black lab named Tammy. This was in the late 1950's before the breed got really popular. When we walked her, people would go into the street to get away from her. In the neighborhood, people knew us as "the girls with the big black dog". She was 12 years old when put to sleep and I remember it was the first time I'd ever seen my dad cry. We still talk about her, even though she's been gone for nearly 38 years.

A few years after Tammy we got another black lab and named her Cricket. My sister and I took her to dog training classes. The dog would just sit there throughout the class and not do anything. We would work with her at home and she did OK, just didn't do anything in class week after week. We kept going, though. The last class was held like an obedience dog show. My sister and I showed up, dog in tow. Others in the class laughed and said we were wasting our time. Well, we came home with the first place trophy and blue ribbon. The rest of the class was totally PO'd

In December of 1992 I walked into a pet store just to look around and ended up walking out with a lab mix puppy.(actually a lab-german shepard-rottweiler mix) She came from a litter of 16. I named her Mariah (not for the singer, but from the song "and they call the wind Mariah") I swear, she's not a dog... she's a person in a little furry suit. Yes, she's now 14 years old. Mariah lived in the city all her life and once in a while would break loose and run. She ended up in puppy pound a few times.. I had to bail her out. The funny thing was, she would run to my parents' house which was a few blocks away from where I lived. She just wanted to visit them.

Oone time, my dad was sick and scheduled to have major surgery. A few months before the surgery, he had a tube put in his stomach for feeding. Dad asked me not to bring Mariah over for a visit because she would sometimes jump up on him and he didn't want the tube ripped out. So, I didn't bring her over. The week before the surgery in June, my dad went in for pre-op tests and my brother stayed at the house with Mariah. When we got back, I put Mariah on a leash and brought her over to my dad, thinking that being on a leash, she wouldn't jump up on him. Dad jumped out of his chair and said, "get that dog away from me!" then ran into the den, slamming the door shut. I felt terrible, and went into the kitchen where Mom was and told her what happened, thinking that I got Dad really upset. A few minutes later, Dad walked into the kitchen wearing the biggest, heaviest winter coat he had; it was zipped all the way up (remember, this was in June) and said to me, "OK, let her go!!" Mariah was jus so happy to finally see Dad. Funny thing was, when I brought Mariah by for a visit after Dad was home from the hospital, she wouldn't jump on him. She would just sit as close as she could next to his chair and Dad would scratch her ears. And they would sit side by side for hours.

Unfortunately, I no longer have her with me...I moved out of state in 2001 and Mariah was too old to make such a drastic change. My parents cared for her until my Dad passed away in 2005 and Mom moved out of the house. A friend now has her.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Rocco does a lot of things I love. He greets me when I come home from work, plucks hairs out of my ears and nostrils, hisses at women, and at the end of the day he'll rest his stomach on the palm of my hand and fall asleep.

W

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

My male cats way of giving kisses, is when you bend your head down, he rubs your hair like crazy, even puts his paws on your head.

My female one, doesnt like to be held for two long, so when she makes her noise to let you know she wants down, I say, give me kisses and i'll let ya go! She does one quick lick on you lips! lol

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Our little dog, a Chihuahua is the sweetest little dog we have ever owned!! My favorite thing she does is she will want on my lap while I am on the computer. She will sit there forever. But on ocassion, she will look up at me and STARE right into my eyes holding as still as she can. If I ignore her, she will continue starring until she gets my attention. The second I look down at her and softly say, "Hi" her little ears immediately lay down and she stands up and stretches out her whole body as if to give me a hug! It is so funny because she won't do it unless she has my undivided attention. It is so PRECIOUS!!!! We just LOVE her!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• lilybird
    lilybird

WE have a yellow lab.. his pic is in my avatar. He does a few tricks like if you put a cookie on his nose he will flip it into his mouth. Also he will roll over onto his back for a cookie. He also is a typical lab .. he likes his belly rubbed anytime..He loves to lie on your feet when you sit down. When he is sleeping he will sleep on his back with legs in the air. He also chases cats and rabbits in his sleep and barks and growls at them in his dreams.

• parakeet
    parakeet

My parrot is a sweet, loving animal 99% of the time. But that 1% of the time -- look out! Occasionally I will hear the parrot squawking and my husband yelling from another room. When I run in, there's my 200-pound-plus husband sitting hunched up on the kitchen counter while the one-pound parrot angrily circles on the floor below, looking for a way to bite him. This makes my husband very angry (understandably), but the sight of a big human being held hostage by a small bird is just too hilarious for words.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Our two chihuahuas, Oscar and Pepper, sleep with us. We usually watch TV in bed until about 11. They can't stay awake much past 9 but at some point Oscar will jump down and go get a drink of water, pick out his current favorite beany baby and bring it back in his mouth and stand next to the bed until we pick him up. He then curls up between us and lays his head on his 'baby' like a pillow. We call them our four legged hot water bottles. When it gets warm they have to stay in their pen.

Oh yeah, they also love to lay in your lap when on the computor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit