Any Logan's Run fans out there?

by truthsearcher 20 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    I like the bit where Jenny takes her kit off

Oh, Yeah!

I was 11 the first time I saw that, back in 1976, nearly choked on my popcorn!

I do believe that, aside from maybe Charlotte Rampling, Jenny Agutter is one of the only "respectable" British actresses who regularly got nekkid in every movie she made in the 70's. Very refined voice, very genteel appearance, and WHOA, Did she just take off her clothes again!

For "more" Jenny, watch "Walkabout", from around 1973-1974.

• fringe dweller
    fringe dweller

I saw LR in a cinema in Sydney (Au) when I was 8 yrs old. Made a big impression, maybe because I was the child of witness parents and I knew all about the fear of imminent death and the need to escape it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Sorry that neither Michael York or Jenny Agutter show up often now in movies or television.

Wasn't Michael York in the Austin Powers movies? Oh and he's staring in the play (or is it a musical? ) "Camelot" here in Indianapolis. I think he's keeping fairly busy.

Josie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love the movie. It reminds me of today when the world is youth obsessed. I work at a store that has a Chase Bank branch in it. Every person who works there is 30 or under and beautiful, the men and women both. They all wear these little sutis and have this bedazzled look in their eyes. I guess Chase Bank thinks more people will bank there if they hire only sexy, beautiful youngsters to work there, eye candy so to speak. Every time I see them, I think, "Logan's Run 2007."

Jenny Agutter

The first time I saw Jenny was when my mother took me to see her in the movie Walk About. We saw it at the art theater in Buchhead, Georgia, just outside of Atlanta.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Great movie!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm going to smile everytime I see John Kay. Thank you, Spectre. I needed that.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That movie has fascinated me since the first time I saw it on a sunday afternoon when they showed old movies. . .remember when they did that? Anyway, I have the DVD now, I guess one could say that I'm a fan. I don't get DVDs for just any old movie I like. Of all the ones we have in the house (my husband will buy anything), I have 3. Logans Run, It's a Wonderful life and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I guess thats a bit ecclectic:)

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I'm busy patting myself on the back (I'm soooo clever!) because I watched the director's commentary on the movie, and just as I suspected, he parallels the behaviour of those within their society with cult members! Even when Logan and Jessica make it outside and discover the truth (you can grow old, there is a world outside, etc.) the others don't believe them....Sound familiar anyone?

Nudity aside, it was a disturbing look at cult mentality.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Yeah! Mr DNC & I love that film and watch it regularly. (on video)
    Whenever we eat fish we always quote "fish, sea greens, protein from the sea",(The robot in the ice cave).
    Classic stuff.
    DNC (of the Runner class)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Ahrrr WALKABOUT - that film is worth a thread on its own too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit