Myers Briggs Personality Indicator

by Outaservice 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF
    Prolog2 : The problem with self-report tests is that although they indicate how certain traits cluster in large groups there is no way to be
    sure that the individual person in front of you is a certain type based on his own answers to a battery of questions. That is why a
    science of personality will only be standing on solid ground when there is some objective/physical measurement that establishes
    personality. In addition you will need a strong theory that establishes a connection between the physical measurements and the
    indications of a questionnaire.
    That's the problem in fact, therefore those tests are quiet limited to offer a real answer, and that's why probably many people may not have the same result from one test to another (they may have changed their mind about them - or change their ways to be more effective in what they need to be at the moment). Anyway I guess it would be hard to get a real answer for anyone. Who really know us? I have an Idea about ow I do fonction, but I guess the one who could answer or confirme some specific questions more accuratly would be my son (I'm not even sure). I wonder if I take the same type of test in a year or two if it will still be the same? Lets see in a year or 2 (it would at least tell me that something have change in my way I think I do fonction).
  • Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I took this test twice before I retired so this is the third time I've come up with the same result. Bug

Introverted (I) 56.25% Extroverted (E) 43.75%
    Sensing (S) 70.27% Intuitive (N) 29.73%
    Thinking (T) 56.76% Feeling (F) 43.24%
    Judging (J) 54.29% Perceiving (P) 45.71%

Your type is: ISTJ

Accuracy: </form>

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

INFP - This is pretty close to home for me. - Sherry

(Introvert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be: quiet, reserved, and kind; deeply passionate, sensitive, and easily hurt; loving and dedicated to those close to them; creative, original, and imaginative; curious and flexible in small matters; nonconforming.

The most important thing to INFPs is their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Question to prolog2

How exactly do you measure life experiance that contributes to personality in scientific terms?

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

According to my results, I'm:

Your Type is
    ENTJ
    ExtrovertedIntuitiveThinkingJudging
    Strength of the preferences %

And my type is 'Field Marshall', which comprises about 2% of society.

While I find this all interesting, I don't put much stock in it...mostly because of the Heisenberg Principal; observing/testing something can skew or change the results of one's observation/test-especially if one is self testing. Since I am aware, a thinking individual, I can't help but think about the answers as I'm giving them, and having some limited knowledge of psychology, I generally can intuit what questions are driving at or trying to establish.

I would guess that every one of the personality types one can be assigned by your results is somewhat flattering to the person, and probably mirrors their own already existing self image. Much like horoscopes. Admittedly, I did like the result I was given, and agree that it describes me at least moderately well. And I also realize that my statements above are mildly ironic, since I exhibited many of the traits ascribed to me by writing it, and what I said.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I'm ENFP.

I have had this result consistently for years. However, when I was d/f I went through a really rough period and couldn't even answer questions in these types of quiz's.

One interesting piece of research showed that cults force the followers to conform to a certain temperament. Almost always E(xtrovert) is part of the ideal cult person, as it is necessary to recruit others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit