Any Josh Groban fans out there?

by exwitless 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwitless
    exwitless
    His music sounds like gospel to me.

How much of his music have you actually heard? The only song I can possibly one could construe "gospel" sound is "You Raise Me Up". While, yes, some copy cats have taken this song and put religious meaning into it, Josh's song doesn't have that particular meaning. He does a lot of music in foreign languages, mostly Italian, but also a lot in English. His type of music is difficult to classify. It's not Opera or pop music. You just have to listen to it to understand.

If it's not your kind of music, I respect that. I just had to address the "gospel" comment.

he could get his ass roasted

No ass-roasting, please.

• Ticker
    Ticker

LOL No prob. I looked up some of his music on youtube and it kind of struck me as gospel, Can't remember exactly which song I listened too. Anywho it don't matter. Everyone has their opinions on music, I myself prefer a more blues rock genre. I say again if you like this music then two thumbs up! Variety is a good thing and thats why we have so much different styles of music around.

Ticker

• exwitless
    exwitless

Thanks, Ticker. By the way, who are some of your favorite groups?

• Ticker
    Ticker

From my childhood probably Guns n Roses, Metallica, Ozzy, etc. Later on during my late teens collective soul, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc. Today hmm, I like Dave Matthews Band, Tool, The Killers, Audioslave, and various music like that. I like rock and hard rock and still love the favorites from when I was a kid. I just think that any blues based rock has real soul to the music that alot of todays music is missing.

Ticker

• Mulan
    Mulan
    now if this thread doesn't bring Essie out of retirement...nothing will!!

I was thinking the same thing. Essie (aka Fleur) where are you???

I think his voice is amazing. I love the story of how he filled in at a rehearsal with Celine Dion, when Andrea Bocelli wasn't available. Evidently, she wasn't sure such a young fellow (he was about 18 at the time) could cut it. His mother was videotaping the rehearsal, and the look on Celine's face when he started to sing was priceless. Then she hugged him. I loved it.

The first time I ever heard him was at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City a few years back. He sang "The Prayer" with Charlotte Church. I wondered out loud "who is that?" His voice is a gift, for sure. I have several of his CD's.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I saw that clip of him singing with Celine Dion and I could see the amazed look on her face as she realized how good he is.

The first time I saw him was on the show w/ Ally McBeal (I don't remember if that was the name of the show of just of the main character). He played a geek teenager that didn't have a date to the prom and Ally went as his date. He ended up on stage and sang a song at the prom. It gave me goose bumps!

I fell in love that first time I heard him. I have his 3 CDs. To me the first one is best.

• Fleur
    Fleur

OMG, is it too late for me to collect on the hugs offered in this thread to me previously??? (((((Mulan...Uzzah)))))

I've had you guys on my mind all week and finally I just had to stop by.

On topic, have you heard Josh has a christmas cd out?

I am now obsessed with his version of Ave Maria. I'm learning the lyrics for the first time and singing the daylights out of it, myself.

Today, I can't stop crying and I can't stop listening to it. It's been a hell of a year for me, and I've got the battlescars to prove it.

But at the end of the day. . .my little family, myself hubby and child (and the pet) is intact, and gosh, I can't believe you guys haven't forgotten me entirely. I've owed poor JamesThomas an email reply for months, literally.

They say there's no love like the worldwide brotherhood? I say there is no love like that among those who band together because they've barely survived that 'brotherly love'.

I love you all.

Essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit