Any Josh Groban fans out there?

by exwitless 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I still have no idea who he is but I have heard several people talk about him, I'm not sure if I've ever heard him sing?

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

He's got an amazing voice!! Yeah, I'm a fan!!

Have fun at the concert!!

GGG

• exwitless
    exwitless
    I still have no idea who he is but I have heard several people talk about him, I'm not sure if I've ever heard him sing?

You are missing out! Check out some clips on his website: www.joshgroban.com

He's most known for his song "You Raise Me Up". It's a great song, but in my opinion, there are MANY other songs he does for which he receives little attention for that are amazingly well done, often in foreign languages. He has three main albums out. Self titled "Josh Groban", "Closer", and his most recent "Awake". I highly recommend all of them.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Sweet, thanks for the link. And yes I have heard him before, he's really good. I hope you have a great time at the concert :)

• Backed away
    Backed away

Apparently the FDS love him to if they put him on the cover of "Awake!"

Sorry couldn't resist, when I opened the link and saw that title...

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

My wife is a big fan. She has all of his CD's and DVD's and I have to admit that I like to listen to him from time to time. A few years ago I got my wife tickets to his Nashville concert for Valentines Day. That was a great concert. He's the only singer that sounds better in concert than on CD. This year I was able to score us some tickets to the Raliegh, NC concert next month. Floor seats only 2 sections back. My wife can't wait.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I LOVE HIM!

Ok, maybe that was a little over the top. But really, I have one of his cd's and plan on getting the second one when we get some extra $.

I love his voice. Also though, on the cd I have (don't know which one at the moment) the song Si Volvieras and Per Te... make me melt.

One of these oddities in life:

The lyrics in their original languages are dripping with romance, put it in plain ol' English and it doesn't have the same effect.

Keep the lyrics in their original languages and have Josh sing them, you have the perfect recipe for romance and well other stuff

Have fun at the concert!!!

• exwitless
    exwitless

The album you have is "Closer". It's his 2nd album, and it's awesome! When you have the money, get his very 1st album, self-titled "Josh Groban" in the special CD/DVD version. It has a DVD of his live performance for a PBS special. His most recent album, Awake, is awesome as well. It's a little different than his first two, but great just the same.

This year I was able to score us some tickets to the Raliegh, NC concert next month. Floor seats only 2 sections back.

Hecklerboy, how the hell did you get such good seats, prey tell?

• Ticker
    Ticker

Not my kind of music but he has talent or wouldn't be singing I guess. Im more into Rock, Blues, and Metel. His music sounds like gospel to me. I say whatever makes you happy go with it.

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker

" He's the only singer that sounds better in concert than on CD. "

Thats a matter of opinion as I feel he could get his ass roasted by quite a few other artist. But again it comes down to what genre of music you enjoy I suppose.

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit