WOW, WHERE'S THE TIME GONE?

by Dansk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

My profile revealed that it was four years ago today that I joined JWD! I can hardly believe I've made over 5000 posts and been here for so long!

Well, the truth is you guys have helped me stick around. You comforted me when I needed comforting and made me laugh when I needed humour. The love you showered upon Claire and I when we first came here - and have never let up - helped us heal from exiting the Watchtower cult. You let us see in droves that we were not alone. You listened without being judgemental and we cherished your sound advice. You were there - and still are! - when we needed you! And even now you comfort me through the distressing times of my illness.

Claire and I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU!

Love,

Ian& Claire

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Ian, it's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance on this board, (along with all the other posters of course)

I hope to meet you and Claire in person soon. Congratulations on your 4th JWD anniversary, I look forward to many, many more.

Linda

• Rooster
    Rooster

Happy anniversary Dansk!!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((((((((Ian and Claire))))))))

Thank you for being here, and being who you are.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Dansk congratulations!! I think there are also many here who would like to thank you back, including me, for the support that you give everyone here. You posted on one of my threads last year when i was struggling with facing the shunning everyday and gave me some really good advice, it was really appreciated - so a big thank you back!

• Gordy
    Gordy

The same to you , Ian and Claire

You also have helped me. I'm sure others also, through the past years.

All of us ex-JW's support each other.

Only if you have been there do you know how others feel.

love to you both

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

It's great to have a "cyber community" where we can express ourselves and learn from others!

Here's to many more years!

YC

• RAF
    RAF

(((Ian and Claire)))

I don't think I really helped you in any way, the thing is that I have (for some reason) an idea about what you are going through and your ability to stay connected with the world and enjoy life as much as you can is showing how STRONG you are in FACT !!! Their is no iner weakness in sikness it's the sikness which is weakening.

This so getting so long for you ... That sometimes I wonder how you deal with it ... but you do (it's such a good example) for anyone of us who could be in the same situation one day.

Thank you !!!

Corinne.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

{{{{{{{{{{IAN & CLAIRE}}}}}}}}}}

You've made my life richer by being here.

~Merry

• south african beef
    south african beef

To Ian and Claire - a big congratulations on your 4 year JWD anniversary!

You say that you have been helped by others on here - let me add that you have been an inspiration to me, how you are battling your illness, your warmth and humour always come out in your posts and I can honestly say that after meeting you last year I realised that I met one of the most genuine, warm and friendly persons I have ever met in my entire life.

It was a joy meeting with everyone at the Apostacurry and you and Claire did an amazing job in arranging it all. The JDubs loss is a massive gain to all of us!

All the best, Ian, Claire and family.

Here's hoping that we can meet up again soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit