Last Night Greys Anatomy *******Warning Spoiler*********

by BlackSwan of Memphis 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• under_believer
    under_believer

Lady Lee, notice the spelling difference between the book title and the show title? The show IS named after her, it's a clever pun.

• under_believer
    under_believer

My call is that they're going to kill off Ellis Grey (remember she is having heart surgery), and that she will meet Meredith in the "afterlife" where Meredith appears to be with Bomb Squad guy and Denny. And then Ellis will encourage her to go back, possibly even lead her back.

I think it would be AWESOME if they killed off Meredith. I wouldn't consider that jumping the shark at all. It would be a great, shocking, amazing plot twist that would reinvigorate my interest in the show.

They won't, though. Nobody, including Shonda, has that kind of balls.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Well since we have not heard any rumors about Ellen Pompeo leaving the show, my guess is that something else happens. Also, I agree totally w/ the whole under water too long thing. Granted they could say that it was t.v. and because they shot back and forth to various scenes that not that much time passed. Also, I am sure they will claim the whole cold water slowed everything down and thus slowed her systems down.

This is very true. After Lady's comment and link regarding cold water drowning, it actually does make sense.

As for Izzy, I love the chick, but she is all about the drama of it all!

Yeah, she does come across this way definitely. Dramatic. I think that's what makes her character so loveable.

Grey's Anatomy is not named after her. It is the title of a medical book that ALL doctors must study as part of their curriculum. Meredith might be related or might not to the author of the book.
    Lady Lee, notice the spelling difference between the book title and the show title? The show IS named after her, it's a clever pun.

I am traumatized from last nights show. She can't die!!??!! And, while I understand Izzys stress level, still not a good time for a your marraige is a sham talk. I just don't think they can let her die. But why is next weeks episode devastating? Its too much for me....
    Oy, these episodes have been tough to watch because of the seperation between the parents and the children and the pregnant women. I was in tears last night when the parents found their kids. See I was thinking from all the flashback to the hospital scene that maybe she wasn't under water as long as it seems she was. I think they just wanted to postpone her rescue till farther along to make it more suspenseful. so all the hospital scenes were going on while Meridith fell over the edge and the little girl walked away.......Yeah it still would mean that from the time she fell in and the time she was rescued would have to be at least a few minutes.........Or it could be like my husband was joking....in real life she pissed off one of the producers and their canning her

Yeah I kinda think that's the angle they're taking the more I think about it. During the time she was spending with the guy to the time she fell over and the time that McDreamy got her, all that had been taking, plus after what Lady Lee said, it really does come together. I can't imagine they would let her die. I mean, the show is about Her.

Overall I'm hoping for a recovery...i'm thinking they are over exagerating the next show or theres the possibility that we don't know if she live...isn't the next one the season finally????

this is what I'm wondering. There better be something good and uncheesylike to wrap it up because this whole "oh is Meredith going to live or not, stay tuned for the devastating conclusion" stuff has got my brain wondering. Damn them all for making we watch

Maybe she's getting a mini vacation cause she's getting married in real life?? Don't know.

Ooh hadn't thought about that.

I used to watch the series, but I have enough drama in my life right now I can't take on any more.

((((((((((((((((((juni))))))))))))))))))

I haven't seen this week's show yet. I am hooked on the show. But I also hate the show! LOL

The writing is so irritating! I cannot think of the right words, trite I guess. So I'm mad at myself for watching it. I do like some of the characters. I hate McDreamy and Meridith.

Ok, don't hate me for saying that.

Damn you I swore to myself at the beginning of the season I was Not going to get wrapped up in this or Desperte Housewives. Ok, well I held off on Housewives, but Now I'm getting sucked back in.

My call is that they're going to kill off Ellis Grey (remember she is having heart surgery), and that she will meet Meredith in the "afterlife" where Meredith appears to be with Bomb Squad guy and Denny. And then Ellis will encourage her to go back, possibly even lead her back.

Ooooh good call. I kind of wondered that last night. But then wondered how they would write that. Hey Denny looked pretty good

I think it would be AWESOME if they killed off Meredith. I wouldn't consider that jumping the shark at all. It would be a great, shocking, amazing plot twist that would reinvigorate my interest in the show.

They won't, though. Nobody, including Shonda, has that kind of balls.

But what would happen to McDreamy? Sniffle sniffle he'd be so lonesome. I don't know. I kind of wonder if they Don't kill her off, that would be more shark jumping-ish.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

the show is based on a book of some what short stories. the book is entitled "complications" and was written by a doc Atul Gawande. when abc was working on the the pilot they changed the name several times and "complications" was one of the working titles, until they came up w/ the main character whose name would be Grey which would be a play on one of the authoritative books in medicine (I suppose Rosen or Tintinalli's (sp?) was too plain or to complicated) Gray's Anatomy. complications is short book and quick read, you will recognize some of the first year stories from Grey's in the book. it is based on the doc's real life experiences as an intern.

Meredith will not die. I tend to agree w/ the earlier poster that says that someone else (maybe Ellis) will die. One of the lesser characters, like in Star Trek, you never wanted to be an "extra" on Star Trek cause that unusually meant you were going to die a fiery death. :0

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    the show is based on a book of some what short stories. the book is entitled "complications" and was written by a doc Atul Gawande. when abc was working on the the pilot they changed the name several times and "complications" was one of the working titles, until they came up w/ the main character whose name would be Grey which would be a play on one of the authoritative books in medicine (I suppose Rosen or Tintinalli's (sp?) was too plain or to complicated) Gray's Anatomy. complications is short book and quick read, you will recognize some of the first year stories from Grey's in the book. it is based on the doc's real life experiences as an intern.

Ya know, I don't know how I could forget that. Sounds like an interesting read.

Meredith will not die. I tend to agree w/ the earlier poster that says that someone else (maybe Ellis) will die. One of the lesser characters, like in Star Trek, you never wanted to be an "extra" on Star Trek cause that unusually meant you were going to die a fiery death. :0

I think it's going to be really intersting to see how they pull this together in the end. I am kind of beginning to think that Denny and the Bomb dude person guy (does he have a name???) are going to really play into it. At first I thought it was more just a "see you're dead" sort of realization, but not so much now.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Bomb Squad Guy's real name was "Dylan Young", he was played by Kyle Chandler.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

wow how'd you find that out?

• under_believer
    under_believer

IMDB. Go to imdb.com, and search for "Grey's Anatomy". Then there are links to the various seasons on the main Grey's page. I clicked to season 2, found the episode in question, "It's The End Of The World", and clicked on it to see the cast list.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Oh how cool thank you!!

• sandy
    sandy

okay, the end of the show got to me even though I really hate most of the characters. McDreamy . . . I felt bad for him. That would be daring if they killed off Meredith, but highly unlikely. I agree with the poster too, about her meeting her Mom in the afterlife and then fighting to live. As for Izzy, OH MY GOD! I am really starting not to like her or a single word that comes out of her mouth. I was so annoyed with that "I Believe" speach at the end. And how dare her tell George he made a mistake getting married to Kelli. OKAY, I'M GOING TO GO GET A LIFE NOW . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit