Watchtower change on Wikipedia

by aniron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

Came across this on Wikipedia, seems someone didn't waste any time.

Beginning in 2008, The Watchtower will have different focuses in the two issues that are published each month. The issue published on the first of each month will focus on religious articles that will be offered to the general public. The issue published on the fifteenth of each month will contain the congregational study articles for the month and other interorganizational materials that will be directed to current members and other interested ones but will not be offered to the general public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Watchtower

• dust
    dust

So, beginning i 2008, the Watchtower Society will observe a difference between religious and organizational matters. Interesting.

• garybuss
    garybuss

"interorganizational materials that will be directed to current members"

That seems to imply that the "Watchtower Study" meeting isn't going to be a "public" meeting after the change to studying "interorganizational materials" rather than studying predictions for the future based on religious research and speculation.

• Terry
    Terry

The Watchtower has gone from an End Times Speculation publisher to an insular cultic conclave. The sealing in of certain meetings will allow better security against prying eyes of "apostates" who monitor the activities and publicize them on the Internet.

Also, control is an issue.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Also, control is an issue.

And elitism. The JW's eat up the "I am special" stuff like mad. Now they have their very own Watchtower that the unwashed heathens of the world aren't worthy to lay eyes on.

Dave

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I think they would have better success if they took the Watchtower study out of the Sunday meeting. For people coming to their first meeting, the public talks can be interesting, then they get hammered with the WT study. Some of the topics I'm sure send more for the door than the literature counter.

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

The Watchtower has gone from an End Times Speculation publisher to an insular cultic conclave. The sealing in of certain meetings will allow better security against prying eyes of "apostates" who monitor the activities and publicize them on the Internet.

How can they have security, when so much of the 'apostate' information comes directly from the 'insiders'? Many of us on this site are elders, pioneers, ministerial servants, bethelites, etc.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That same site says "The corporation is now legally headquatered in Patterson, New York."

Will we have to call them the "Porg" ? Whazzup wit dat?

• restrangled
    restrangled

"interorganizational materials that will be directed to current members"

Would that possibly give them a stronger legal leg to stand on when material not meant for the general public is posted on the internet?

r.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Judging by some of the wt study topics lately, I'm not surprised they don't want the general public to have access to that stuff. Now they will be able to print even crazier ideas without the fear that the people they call on can read them, and get put off.

It'll just be the brainwashed members of the cult who attend on a sunday that have to put up with the bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit