i'm still alive...

by thebiggestlie 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

I want to thank all of you for all your thoughtful PMs. I'll respond to them in time but can't at the moment. I wanted to just check in and let you know that i'm doing relatively ok. The confrontation with my parents was a bit sticky. It lasted untill 3 in the morning. If someone was taking score i think i lost. I was tag-teamed and guilt-tripped and just couldn't finally put it to rest. I wanted so bad to just say "i'm done i quit i don't need this anymore" but i remained sheepish and quiet. At least that bought me some time. Right now i'm in limbo as my parents are giving me time to "research" everything (only society lit. of course ugh). I absolutely know that the "truth" isn't the truth but i feel like i'm forced to justify myself and honestly i dont feel like "proving" anything to anyone but myself. So i don't know were to go from here but i guess i'm just trying to keep the peace for right now even if i have to swallow my pride and dignity.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Glad you are OK, Oh, there is plenty of "gems" in the societies literature, you can show them up if you want to. But I would still try to live peacefully with them for now, and start planning a career and finding your own place, there is alot to be said for freedom.

• becca1
    becca1

You're young. You need your family. Keep the peace but keep an open mind. When you are old enough and able to live on your own, do as you wish. By being respectful now you may gain the respect of your family later on when all is said and done.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Take care, Sweetheart, we're thinking of you.
    It must be so frustrating for you!
    It was impossible to reason with my parents, but at least I live in my own home. I can't imagine what it must be like knowing what you know about the 'TRUTH' and still living with your mum and dad.
    Just be careful, OK.
    Lots of love,
    DNC XXXX

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I can imagine the scene tbl. You are a very brave young man.

Take care,

Rachel

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I was thinking of you this morning. Remember, keep your objectivity. Your life is YOURS. In time you WILL be able to fully claim it for yourself.

tsof

• kid-A
    kid-A

"So i don't know were to go from here but i guess i'm just trying to keep the peace for right now even if i have to swallow my pride and dignity."

Just stay calm and let things cool off. You're only 17 and still depend on them for support, physically and financially. Especially if you want to go to College, you will very likely need some material support from them. You are playing a high stakes poker game here, and lots of well-timed bluffing is in order. Never show them your cards....

Think short-term pain for long-term gain, even if it means having to put on a "show" for a few more years. I did it right until my 3rd year of University when my "fade" was complete, not only was I able to make it all the way to my Doctoral degree, I now have the career I always wanted.....simply because I was willing to play their game for a few years, even if it meant having to sit through the odd meeting or assembly. My facade paid off in the long run, and while I had to deal with some inconveniences for a few years, I always knew they could not change what was inside my mind, even if my physical body had to be present at the Kingdumb hall.....

Play their game for a few more years, at least until you get your education under your belt. After that, you're a free man. Trust me on this. Walk softly and carry a big stick, do a slow, steady fade, avoid discussing religious issues with them and when you do, just smile and nod.

For the record, my dad is a P.O. and my mom is an even MORE gung-ho JW. If I did it, anyone can.....

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Like Rachel said you are being very brave and diplomatic in what is a really hard situation. Thanks for letting us know you are alright and keep us posted.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm so glad to hear from you... was worried sick (that's just the mom in me).

Hang in there, you may have to suck it up for now just until you can leagally be on your own and make your own way. Sometimes humble can keep you warm, fed and a roof over your head

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I'm SO glad to hear you're ok. I feel sick for you and I hope things will ease up. At least you can still post so you have an outlet and some support. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit