i'm still alive...

by thebiggestlie 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

yupp i totally get being humble and waiting untill i can pave my own way as they say... i just hope it works out that way. Now that my feline friend the metaphorical "cat" is out of the "bag" i don't know how much limbo time i got. Like i've said before, if i'm asked a question i'm not going to lie or even try to hide how i feel. I'm not going to do anything without thinking or making any major decisions on a whim but still.... I foresee a chance encounter with some big-whig elders in the back room of the hall in the not-so-distant future. BTW i feel so touched (and not to mention warm and fuzzy) that you all were thinking about me and concerned. Oh and if any of you got a myspace, i'd be honored to be your online-friend my url is www.myspace.com/strange_stick_figure

• anewme
    anewme

You have made a good decision for right now.

Try to hang in there for a little while longer.

Anewme

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Right now i'm in limbo as my parents are giving me time to "research" everything (only society lit. of course ugh).

You are the best debater! You can do it! I've been in a kick ass debate with you. You're good. Keep the faith. I know that you CAN get your point across!

You're the bomb!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Hey TBL glad to know you are hanging in there. I know it's hard to "put up a front" because you feel like you are not being true to yourself or maybe being a bit hypocritical, but you and I know these circumstances are extreme. You have to protect yourself first and foremost.

And you won't regret being respectful to your parents.

Your time will come and you will do great things. Keep posting here and stay strong.

• sspo
    sspo

It looks like you are on the right path.

Be patient and make your move at the right time.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As mentioned in another post just be diplomatic and go easy, there is no need to rush things, make friends outside the org and it won't be long before you move out in a prepared state.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Be patient, and be careful what you say to your parents! I know it's hard not to speak your mind when the WBTS is so full of you-know-what, and you sound like a person who is true to their word. Tread lightly until you can support yourself. And never give up on school! (just a little motherly advice.)

• free2think
    free2think

Emotional Intelligence go with it

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

((((((((((( thebiggestlie ))))))))))))

Glad you made it back here. It will be rough going like that, but survival matters too. At least you know you WILL have a future away from that direct influence bearing down on you so hard.

Have you made any plans for college or some such thing? Now would be a good time to start checking into state schools (less expensive). The more financially secure you set yourself up to be down the road, the less likelihood you'll find yourself in this same position later on (depending on them and swallowing who you ARE), as an adult. Think about not just how soon you'll be able to get out from under, but how to best KEEP out from under, thereafter.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

TBL,

I’m so sorry it didn’t go as well as you might have hoped for. As you know, JW’s have an answer for everything, even it is merely “wait on Jehobr”.

Regarding just using Society publications, this shouldn’t be much of a problem, because the publications are full of self-incriminating content! You mentioned on another thread that you are home schooled. Then, I would ask your “teacher” about a little grammar issue you were having trouble with in the “Require” brochure. Lesson 14, “How Jehobr’s are Organized,” par. 4-6. Note that it has (lower case) “elders or overseers” and that “these men are not elevated above the rest of the congregation. There are not given special titles.” Then go to par. 6, and note that there are (lower case) “elders” who form a “central group” at the “world headquarters of JW’s," “Located there is the Governing Body.” Whoa! Ask your “teacher,” “why is Governing Body capitalized?” What are the rules of grammar that they are following? Then ask, “please explain why some elders do have special titles.” Anyway, there’s a ton of this stuff throughout their literature.

You can even have a lot of fun with the latest junk from the Rev. Climax book, when they go over subjects like how those of the leadership (GB) are still directing matters here on earth from their resurrected positions in heaven. Ask you parents how this is supposed to work. How do they communicate with the living today? What about all the flip-flops and abandonment of teachings over the years? If they were being directeded by resurrected ones, then what kind of direction were they really getting?

Anyway, try to have a little fun with this! You never know what questions you may ask that may cause your parents to reexamine their own beliefs!

With kindly regards,

Cyber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit