What's the worst/scariest 'dream' you have ever had....

by winnie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

I still remember this one. I must have been about 6 years old. We lived in an old house and I had the same dream? (don't know if I can call it that as I was wide awake at the time) night after night. Middle of night I suppose, and I would wake up in a sweat. I remember being very hot, unable to move and staring at me from the doorway of my room was a ginger coloured cat that was so big it came up to half the doorways height. I remember being so scared for what seemed an eternity, and then I must have fallen asleep. I used to dread going to sleep. Funny enough, my parents renovated and added to the house, and when I got a new bedroom, it never happened again. It sounds so stupid when I read this post myself, but I can still remember the feeling, one I never want to feel again.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Walking into a Kingdum hall, and my mom and stepdad sitting there!!

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

After my son died I had a dream each night for about 6 months where everyone I knew died. Not all at once but each night there was a dream where a different friend or family member died. That was a 6 month hell!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

This wasn't exactly a scary dream per se, but a little while back I had a dream that I was sitting on the edge of a bed with my best friend. In my dream he was volunteer experimenting this new drug that looked exactly like cocaine and I remember he had heaps of it just sitting all over the place cut up in piles on mirrors, just everywhere. Anyway, we were sitting there when he started cutting through his leg. I remember all the blood and it was so graphic and so real but he couldn't feel anything so he just continued. It was really weird. When I woke up I realized maybe I should go easy on the horror flicks.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

I had a dream where a friend of mine had a baby when she was 16 and killed it so she wouldn't have to take care of it. She showed up on my doorstep in the middle of the night crying, holding a burlap sack with the baby in it. I helped her hide/ bury the body in the woods. I woke up with the heaviest feelings of sadness and guilt that I have ever felt in my life.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

((((nonamegiven)))) That IS hell!

When I was 12, I had a dream that I was reading in my science book about clowns (I hate clowns) and then the picture at the bottom was the clown from Steven King's "IT", and it pointed to me. The heading read, "I'm coming to get you!". Then the clown came into my room, holding a butcher knife. Then I woke up.

Needless to say, I have a fear of clowns to this day. I don't even use the clown emoticon here, never have.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Getting attacked and mauled by a lion, the terror of being suddenly trapped and then getting eaten up was very real. I was thinking "this has to be very painful".

• free2think
    free2think

Recently I keep having a recurring dream that i've been forced to go back in. I wake up and think it's real....ugh

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Most nights in my pre-teens and teenage years, while I was being molested by my stepfather and various other relatives, I often had a dream about a goat-like hairy monster chasing me and then I would be in a ratty little shack, very dark and dingy and the goat-like creature would be circling the shack and roaring at me and trying to get in. I always woke up just before it "got" me. My step-father was a Cappy and very hairy and bellowed a lot (Italian). I was always afraid to go to sleep at night because I was afraid I'd dream about it. I didnt' have it any more after I left home.

Now, just when considering that dream in light of all that's transpired between myself and the WTS and during my sojourn in it, the dream could be prophetic in a sense. I woke up and "smelled the coffee" before I was completely taken in. It took about 20 yrs. but I DID wake up. And the WTS is a monster.

Frannie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't recall any scary dreams, but I've had a few painful ones. Two weeks ago I had a dream that I punched some guy, and when I woke up my right wrist was sore as hell. I had to wear a tensor bandage with a splint for a week, as I couldn't even hold a cup of coffee without it.

The most painful one was in 1982. I had a separated shoulder and one night I had a dream that a swarm of bees was about to land on my sore shoulder. I decided to squash the bastards before they could sting me, so in my sleep, I reached over and hit my shoulder HARD. I woke up screaming in pain, and feeling very stupid.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit