I applied to a university yesterday.

by kwintestal 38 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Hi buddy, I have registered for a course starting March. Actually, I am leaving in half an hour because tonight I have to pass the TOEIC (Test of English).

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

German just remember the difference between Barrells and Kegs and you'll be fine!

Good luck with your test - I know you speak excellent English and they'll pass you if you do your famous Peter Kaye impression!

• scotsman
    scotsman

Crumps, are you try to jinx German? Barrel has only one l. Unless you had a drink halfway through the word and then saw double.

German XJW where are you applying to study?

• acsot
    acsot

kwin, my brother teaches at Brock!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

good luck german xjw!

Kwin

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I started back at a Community College at about your age Kwin. With my schedule I wasn't able to go to school full time and did one class per term (night classes after work). I found the college experience to be very fulfilling and much different than highschool. I had to drop it due to worl scheduling (50 hours a week). But am thinking of taking some personal enrichment stuff like art etc.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Ah, your're still young. You'll do great. Little Drummer Boy went back to college 3 years ago in his early 30's. He had a definite advantage over the just-out-of-high school-er's, because he had to pay himself (not his parents), and he was just more level-headed and better organized than some of his younger classmates. By the way, he just graduated with a 4.0 GPA.

I, myself, in my early 30's, am taking a distance education course through a college to "upgrade" my nursing degree to RN. Right now, I'm an LPN.

Since leaving the borg, I have found that my whole way of viewing my future is very liberated. No longer do I have to "wait on Jehovah" to make my life better. I can make my life better NOW. It's difficult to study and work full time and be a wife and mom, but I'm doing it. It may take me longer than I originally planned, but I fully intend to finish.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

German just remember the difference between Barrells and Kegs and you'll be fine!

IIRC, you native speakers were not too sure about that one, either.

Good luck with your test - I know you speak excellent English and they'll pass you if you do your famous Peter Kaye impression!

It this the way to s Amarillo? Thanks for reminding me of this great event, Crumpet!

German XJW where are you applying to study?

Scotsman, there is a course by a dutch college. It is parttime and they give credit for some things I have already done. I hope to have my BBA in a year.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    they give credit for some things I have already done

and goodness knows this guy needs credit for something! if only we could think of something.... cute smile, brilliant father, superb beer drinker, excellent grasp of the British sense of humour, great fashion sense.... oh and he can speak English too!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

ROTFLMAO. Crumpet, you are cute. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit