Christians are hypocrites

by Handsome Dan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've never claimed moral purity and surely the flavour of my posts should highlight that even if I did I wouldn't be claiming Divine favour because of it.

While Christians attempt to attain moral purity they acknowledge that its an unachievable goal. It appears to only be the non-Christian (including the WTS) that attempts to hold them to account over this, and then bashes them for not achieving it. Dependant on the personal standards of the assailant, who is actually being the hypocrite?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If there are no hypocrites in the group the author is licensed to minister to, she needs to get out because she has already tainted them.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Ironic and funny

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No need to back down from your opinion. Own your thoughts!

If you're going through an angry stage of the grief process then go with it. Besides, Christians are kinda used to being punchbags for one another. A bigger group of misfits you would want to find. Hypocrites? Heck yeah!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

As usual,you are looking at the letter of the law, instead of the spirit of the law. There are several people that believe in the soverienty of Christ, and his ability to save us. We are saved because we have faith; we don't have faith because we aresaved.

Athene

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I would have thought a central tenet of christianity - that all are sinners and need a Saviour equally would be the obvious agreement to this statement. Hypocrisy is a central pillar of the christians life - if you could be perfect and not break any standard so set by the bible then you couldn't be judged a sinner ergo you wouldn't need Jesus - you'd qualify for salvation under your own steam just like Jesus did. The standard is perfection (as stated by Jesus)

(New Testament | Matthew 5:48)
    48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

..but clearly each and every day we fail to reach that and we rely on repentence and perfection through another - Jesus. Hence we are christians and hypocrites but ones trying to change each and every day to be kinder and less hypocritical step by step. Perfection is a journey not a moment, hypocrisy is a state but not the aim.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Lt : I'm not backing down, I did say at one point that I only agreed with some of her essay not in awhole I just think she supports my theory on how men get caught up trying to interpret the bible and it's words to derive at scripture law and rightness, it seems to confuse both the interpreter and the receiver, and isn't that the reason we have so many religions fighting for power today. Why do men think it is necessary to live and conduct themselves in concordance off of 2 thousand yr.old social morals and ideals isn't that somewhat damaging for humanity.

Certainly it's empowering no questioning that, It always seems that whenever a person or group of people thrive to grasp at the spritual power of god in a effort to create a kingdom all humanity suffers. Maybe man would be better off striving for more realistic humanist values rather then striving for unrealistic spiritual values it would certainly bring the power back down to earth and at least put everyone on the same playing field.

My comments aren't wholly directed to LT............... By the way LT all the best on your upcoming wedding,........ I've always enjoyed reading your comments

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I just think she supports my theory on how men get caught up trying to interpret the bible and it's words to derive at scripture law and rightness.

I disagree that this is the statement she was making.She was singling out Christianity.

I would agree with you, if you had written: "My theory is that men get caught up trying to interpret and use their interpretation to derive law and a standard of rightness." But this isn't just true of Christians. It is true of science, and Buddhism, and Islam, and households, and businesses, and government ... the list goes on and on. This is a human trait.

But you copied and pasted an argument you apparently don't even agree with in toto. That is no basis for a proper discussion. These threads are for your ideas, not someone else's ideas.

Why do men think it is necessary to live and conduct themselves in concordance off of 2 thousand yr.old social morals and ideals isn't that somewhat damaging for humanity.

Since you combined two questions it is a little difficult to answer.

For the first part: The social morals and ideals are much older than just 2,000 years, and they think it is necessary because (as a species) we are still around.

For the second part: We don't know whether the species would be more or less likely to survive if these morals and ideals change. Knowing this would require our ability to foretell the end result to the species of any specific choice. Therefore, per the parameters of purely scientific method, it is impossible to know what will be "damaging for humanity." This reality requires us to interpret (guess) and set up frames of reference and rules and laws based on those guesses.

Maybe man would be better off striving for more realistic humanist values rather then striving for unrealistic spiritual values it would certainly bring the power back down to earth and at least put everyone on the same playing field.

Reality is subjective. You have never experienced any "reality" that was not processed by your brain. The same sort of brain that processes my reality. Your perception and subjective judgment are all that you have to use in establishing for yourself which values are "realistic" or "humanist" or "unrealistic" or "spiritual".

If you would like an example of an unrealistic humanist value (at least, as it was once perceived by some) please study eugenics. It was pursued for the good of the species.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• free2beme
    free2beme

Everyone and every thing, evidentially leads to a point of hypocrisy.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Good comments gang Auldsoul ...........I'm going to study up on eugenics I think I have some Idea of what it's about but need more info. thanks

Sure has been a lot of interesting feedback so far I'm glad someone did mentioned the fact that Christianity is not exclusive in hypocrisy department, there are many other

ancient religions around that run on hypocrisy............and please don't get me started on the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit