Christians are hypocrites

by Handsome Dan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

That's probably why Christians go to church, because they know they need help and advice, and need to learn how to be better people.

Outaservice

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Handsome Dan was it really you who wrote this?

Why, Jesus would shit himself knowing that even I, an ATHEIST WOMAN, has managed to get herself legally ordained.

And you're a Christian minister? Bleedin' hypocrite!

Here's your possible source which you forgot to credit too:

http://www.evilbible.com/christians_are_hypocrites.htm

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Yup, I have to confess to being occasionally hypocritical, but I do try to keep it down to a minimum.

Do you actually know any Christians, though? We're honestly not so bad as you appear to have painted us.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Handsome Dan:

Some Christians are hypocrites, certainly. I don't think you'll get any arguments there. Many Christians perhaps, or maybe even most Christians. But there are people who self-identify as Christians who don't believe that the entire bible is the literal word of God. There are Christians who don't persecute homosexuals or lobby for prayer in schools, who don't equate scripture with law, who don't make a show of worshipping publicly, who don't lie, cheat, steal or defraud, who do help the poor and needy. And while you and I may be baffled as to why they wish to be called Christians, they do not entirely deserve to be lumped together with their more fanatical brethren.

Look what you've made me do!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

OMG!!!! What have you done to Derek!!!

~says Lord's Prayer~

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Dan

Must congratulate you on your utterly fabulous sweeping generalisations. They're amongst some of the best I've ever seen.

I'm thinking of printing it out and taking it into my kids school (they're 9 and 6) to see what their respective classes think of them.

I'm sure that the primary school teachers will be thrilled to use it as a model outline for their upcoming session "how to pre-judge your neighbours - for the under 11's."

Have you written another one called "Muslims are terrorists"?

Pub

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Ah! just followed your link Emo

Han Dan rumbled.

And there we were thinking he'd spent ages articulating this.

Why anyone would want to imply that that lot was their own work is beyond me

• JeffT
    JeffT

A bit of advice I was given while in rehab: if you're going to make up stories about people you don't know, make up ones that make you feel BETTER.

• kid-A
    kid-A

As others have said, we are ALL hypocrites. The only difference is the frame of reference for our hypocrisy.

As an atheist, I feel like a hypocrite every time I fail to live up to my own, self-generated ideals or those of my role models. Why? Because we inevitably feel miserable when our actions fail to meet the test of our self-imposed ideals, whether they be purely secular, or directed towards some supernatural ideal for the believer.

Having said that, no human being can even remotely adhere to the "ideals" proscribed in the Judaeo-Christian bible, which is in reality a bizarre melding of the "moral code" for ancient israel combined with the gospels and philosophy of Christ..... but this is somewhat immaterial given the fact that all christians essentially must accept their "sinful" nature and atone accordingly. Ergo, "hypocrisy" is simply a catch-all phrase for "sin" in the christian context, which simply requires repentance and atonement and all is forgiven.

• Rooster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit