Christians are hypocrites

by Handsome Dan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lord Dans Calling me a Hypocrite!!!!!!!!!! Please SMITE him LORD Cos YOU Know I am... yet you didnt stop me from coming to you ......But he is calling me names LORD...Make him stop

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

My apoligies to everyone I forgot to mention that these are not my words but I pulled it off another web site.........late night doldrums I guess...SORRY FOLKS

But it did express some of my feelings about modern Christianity as it exests today including the WTS

It does bring up the question though was the bible written by the will and purpose of man alone or was it written by god's all inspiring force and his will and purpose ?

Should I delete it or leave it ? The post was not intentionally meant to hurt anyones feelings!

Handsome Dan

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

We'll forgive ya Dan!

You'd have probably done better had you stated your point using your own words - the article you posted has to be one of the biggest piles of tripe I ever read - she must've had PMT when she wrote that lol!!

And what the others have said - you find hypocrites everywhere, even atheists, so why single out Christians? Most of us don't claim moral perfection so what's the deal here?

Try stating your own points - which parts you agreed with and maybe it'll get some friendly discussion going.

Oh yeah - what I said at the start of this post - I didn't mean it really, I just wanted to make you feel better

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Emo you don't take apologies very well do you, anyways

It sure was written with a lot of harsh angst and I can see why religious minded people would be upset with its content .

But it does point out the futility of trying to create practical law and guidance out of the words of the bible, I think man has made himself unintentionally confused in doing so.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hey, it's really nice when someone apologizes. I've also had to eat 'humble pie' every once in awhile, mainly dished up by my wife .

We have to remember, if any of us were bamboozled by the Watchtower, we must have not been too smart, so no use trying to pass ourselves off as Bible Scholars now.

Outaservice

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Should I remove the it or keep it up I would like to leave it up just for the interest sake ?

Just to see what comments arise from it ?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Dan

Nah leave it there - I don't think you can remove it yourself now anyway, you'd have to get the mods to do it.

Emo you don't take apologies very well do, anyways

In case you got confused, that final comment about not meaning it was a joke (hence the ) I was 'being' a hypocrite for you

But it does point out the futility of trying to create practical law and guidance out of the words of the bible, I think man has made himself unintentionally confused in doing so.

This may surprise you but I agree!! I often refer to the written word without the Spirit - that's what happens when man takes the Bible too literally - and you're left with rigid laws, do's and don'ts. When the Spirit is applied, you have something far more flexible.

For example from the original article, the writer was talking about the rules relating to women in church - no preaching etc. Without the Spirit, that rule still stands today, but with the Spirit, our consciences can say, that was the cultural norm of that particular time, now it isn't the norm and we can decide whether it's right for us now or not.

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

Non-Christians are also hypocritical!!!! I like what Romans 2:21-24 asks!

Golf

• 5go
    5go
    Non-Christians are also hypocritical!!!! I like what Romans 2:21-24 asks!

yeah but we don't claim divine influnence, or divine favor because of our moral purity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit