If You've Faded, Do You Still Consider Yourself a Dub?

by brunnhilde 28 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

My standard line. "I was raised around a lot of Jahba witlesses, so I know a lot about their teachings."

That's it.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Nope, and never will be again. I haven't sent the letter for my parents sakes.

tsof

• Faded-out
    Faded-out

No, I consider myself a "recovering JW" In many ways I feel like a religious alcohalic, that I will never be cured but rather continually recovering. Recovering emotionally and self-esteem wise Recovering my trust in people Recovering financially Recovering my life One day at a time Faded-out

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have chosen not to write them a letter because it would only really be of assistance to them, help them keep their records clean and orderly. Now if it gave me closure or something, maybe I would but I think any trauma left from the WTS would still be there if I chose to allow it out any way..

I just have nothing to do with them. I tell people I meet when religion comes up that I am an EX JW. I certainly, even though not dfd or officially da'd, do NOT consider myself a dub

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Sassy, that's exactly where I am. I want to reject them so completely they'll never even think about trying to sucker me in again, but I know that's impossible. I've been following a thread on another board about a woman who just wants them to stop calling at her door. She can't understand why they will not just leave her alone. The dubs say it's holy spirit, I say they're emotional cockroaches!

• Sassy
    Sassy

if writing them a letter gets you peace of mind.. then go ahead and do it! Just do it for you! Not them!

The elders never bothered to call when I stopped attending.. i got sick with pneumonia and missed a couple of months.. then after that I had problems with my 'then husband' and they didn't want us to split up because I didn't have grounds.. so rather than be hypocrital and pretend we were a happy couple at the KH like they wanted us to, I stopped attending.. Eventually divorced him any way because I couldn't live with the man and never went back to the hall again. No one has ever bothered to check on me and see why I stopped going.

• Purza
    Purza

I have faded and do not consider myself a JW. I can't even believe I lived as one of them for as long as I did. I have no problem telling people that I was one in the past -- and how miserable I was.

I don't DA because I that would give them control over me. I still have a core group of friends (that are active) and we don't discuss JW life. If I were to DA those friends would be compelled to no longer associate with me. I am keeping things on my terms not the WTS.

Purza

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I am keeping things on my terms not the WTS.

good for you Purza! I agree..

Unfortunately my old JW friends all feel I am bad assocation so I lost them all w or w/o a Da or Dfing..

• White Dove
    White Dove

My friend, Brunnhilde had a very good question that she posted 4 years ago.

I'm bumping it to the top to see what the newer JWN'ers think about it.

I quit suddenly and never considered myself a JW after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit