2008 Changes to the Watchtowers

by Inquisitor 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bennyk
    bennyk

Not sure how they can pull this off since they still need material for 53 Watchtower studies on sundays. If the only CrapTowers with studies are now monthly,

and from what I recall their are a maximum of 3 "study" articles per magazine, they come up short. Theres no way they will cut an hour from Sundays.

Actually, this is how the "monthly" editions of the Watchtower have operated for years: They contain all the study articles from both semi-monthly issues and only a minimum of other articles...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

and from what I recall their are a maximum of 3 "study" articles per magazine, they come up short. Theres no way they will cut an hour from Sundays.

They will have to add a lot of pages to the monthly issue containing the "study" articles, which, in the long run will probably cost them more money.....

I wondered about that, They will either have to make the "internal" wt nothing but study articles, make it a lot bigger than the "public" wt, or put the odd study article in the 1st of the month issue. I wonder if they have really thought this through.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

"And Jehovah will speed it up."

Referring of course to the speed in which the WTS self destructs!! hahahaha

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

I can't imagine that the WTS will tell the congregations that they are losing money and so this step will cut corners, lowering their printing costs.

No...propably all will be told that this is because Armageddon is so much closer and this move is to keep their "special" instructions at the time of tribulation as "exclusive" only to those loyally attending meetings and disloyal apostates don't deserve such privileged knowledge.

Had Enough

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

funny how they want to basically divide the the key instrument of disseminating wt dogma into two branches--one for the public and another for the r/f members. Mmmm...

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

So, this goes into effect in 2008?

What's the source on this? Is it word of mouth at this point or has a letter been sent out?

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

rooster ; you are right , you might as well pray to Satan himself

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    So, this goes into effect in 2008? What's the source on this? Is it word of mouth at this point or has a letter been sent out? - cabasilas

To those of you who are still wondering how trustworthy is this news,

attend your service meeting this week and you will hear the Bethel letter read out to the congregation. I assure you that it's no mere rumour. The waters of Babel-Tower are drying up! hehehehe INQ
  • blondie
    blondie

A point was made that made me wonder:

Study articles only in 12 issues each year.

52 weeks a year

32 = 8 issues have to have 4 study articles each

20 = 4 issues have to have 5 study articles each

Currently WTs have 32 pages

3 pages = cover and masthead, last page

4 study articles = 12 pages (17 additional pages)

5 study articles = 15 pages (14 additional pages)

So it seems that while there will be fewer secondary articles in the WT, there is room to add study articles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit