2008 Changes to the Watchtowers

by Inquisitor 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I don't know if someone else has already posted about this. I tried looking a page or two back in this section, but didn't find any thread on this news. If someone has, pls add the link in this thread.

No, the Watchtowers aren't gonna be monthly like the Awake, but apparently the W mags will be designed in this way:

1st of month issue - for the public, no study articles, (kinda like Awake??)

2nd of month issue - regular watchtower with study articles

I don't know if these changes are only in my part of the world. Happy to hear from others.

INQ

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/129169/1.ashx

It's good to have this mentioned by another source.

BB

• Jourles
    Jourles
    1st of month issue - for public, no study articles, (kinda like Awake??)

It sounds like the Awake is about to go bye-bye.

• Rooster
    Rooster

I don't read those magazines anymore. They are a direct lick into the demon realm.

• undercover
    undercover

2nd source of the same information gives the news more credibility...

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Thanks for adding the link, Bumble Bee.

I was rather surprised by the instruction that the watchtower with the study articles SHOULD NOT BE PLACED with the public. Is this the first time they've tried restricting public access to the Watchtower? Cos I've always thought that they were meant for the public, just not for inactive, trouble-making, "spiritually weak", JWs.

INQ

• Jourles
    Jourles

Whenever the changes go into effect, we will be able to tell by the drastic drop in published numbers(inside the front cover). One of the WT's will still have ~32 million printed, while the other will have ~6-8 million copies printed.

So now, which KM is going to make this announcement? Or will they spill it first at the DC's? Nah, it'll probably just be in a KM.

I'm curious to know if these cuts stem from a single cashflow savings plan(spread out over a few years), or if they are implementing these cuts as the need arises? The best(for us) would be that they are cutting as the need arises. This would show that they are severely winding down in operations and are losing money left and right. But if this is part of a single, cost-cutting plan, then its better for them.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I was rather surprised by the instruction that the watchtower with the study articles SHOULD NOT BE PLACED with the public.

Actually it's a means of control. You may have to go to the meeting to hear it THEIR way.

Of course, there'll always be ways to get the material out here on the Internet. They cannot stop Blondie's weekly "Comments you will not hear at the Watchtower Study" post this easily!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmm, more and more, a different public face and private face of the Watchtower. I wonder if this would give newcomers pause?

• KW13
    KW13

Anyone living a double life is sure to be able to obtain these mags or anyone like me with dub family.

Funny this should be on the agenda, i think its a solution to solve a few problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit